brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Can I use Tea Tree special shampoo on Brutus? I think I have read that somewhere on here. I ran out of oatmeal shampoo.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I don't think it would hurt until you get your regular shampoo, it is made for itchy scalp.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Someone else I think its [MENTION=7587]Rural mystic[/MENTION] uses tea tree oil shampoo and says it does wonderful

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Someone else I think its @Rural mystic uses tea tree oil shampoo and says it does wonderful[/QUOTE

Don't think it was me. I have used a hot spot/ anti-itch concoction that had tea tree oil in it I think but I was using a shampoo with oatmeal in it. Now I'm using the same shampoo my wife has always used on the maltese its Tropiclean hypoallergenic shampoo. I did try T-Gel dandruff shampoo when Ace was younger and itching at the suggestion of the breeder but it didn't seem to help alot back then. Actually back then when Ace was much younger I don't know of any shampoo that would have helped all that much now I think back then much of his itching and red underbelly and thighs was his immune system developing as a pup. It's much better as he has grown older but still during the times of the year when allergens are high he may have some problems.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I think Dawn dish soap is even good for them.... helps keep fleas away.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
If I run out of soap I use Dawn if they cant wait for a bath until I get the oatmeal!!! I used to use Maloseb but its very pricey so I only use it every 2 months or so!

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Stockton, California, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
I've eared people say not to use baby shampoo because of the ph levels. But my vet told me to use what ever I would use on my human babies. It's worked for us Zeus doesn't have allergies that I know of..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Someone else I think its @Rural mystic uses tea tree oil shampoo and says it does wonderful[/QUOTE

Don't think it was me. I have used a hot spot/ anti-itch concoction that had tea tree oil in it I think but I was using a shampoo with oatmeal in it. Now I'm using the same shampoo my wife has always used on the maltese its Tropiclean hypoallergenic shampoo. I did try T-Gel dandruff shampoo when Ace was younger and itching at the suggestion of the breeder but it didn't seem to help alot back then. Actually back then when Ace was much younger I don't know of any shampoo that would have helped all that much now I think back then much of his itching and red underbelly and thighs was his immune system developing as a pup. It's much better as he has grown older but still during the times of the year when allergens are high he may have some problems.
Maybe that is what it was....

Darasue

Feb 7, 2012
Memphis, TN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Puckingham
I use a tea tree oil shampoo every other bath and rotate with the Malacetic shampoo. I have read that the oatmeal shampoo can cause an issue with yeast, but that may be only if they are currently having yeast problems. I would think our dogs would like the tea tree shampoo because it gives you a cooling affect like menthol. I have used Paul Mitchell Tea tree shampoo in the past and it is so refreshing in the summer time!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.