ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Morning my lovelies!

Wanted to share Remi and my grooming technique for face cleaning. He loves this the best out of all the stuff we've tried (like duoxo pads) because the smell is minimal.

You will need:
  • a cloth
  • vetericyn
  • baby powder

Spray vetericyn on one corner of the cloth and wipe down the facial folds. Use the other corners of the cloth to dry the face. Place a small amount of baby powder on your fingers and run it through the bully's facial folds. This will help keep the face dry all day long. Sometimes we even skip a day before we groom him again. It keeps him dry and smelling great.

We do this same technique for the tail pocket.

Remi has minimal facial folds, but this works really well for us. Would love a super wrinkly bully to give it a whirl.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Morning my lovelies!

Wanted to share Remi and my grooming technique for face cleaning. He loves this the best out of all the stuff we've tried (like duoxo pads) because the smell is minimal.

You will need:
  • a cloth
  • vetericyn
  • baby powder

Spray vetericyn on one corner of the cloth and wipe down the facial folds. Use the other corners of the cloth to dry the face. Place a small amount of baby powder on your fingers and run it through the bully's facial folds. This will help keep the face dry all day long. Sometimes we even skip a day before we groom him again. It keeps him dry and smelling great.

We do this same technique for the tail pocket.

Remi has minimal facial folds, but this works really well for us. Would love a super wrinkly bully to give it a whirl.

I have to try this once Blue's cone is off and his eyes feel a bit better (a week or so).
Only thing is, he's so sensitive to everything. is there a hypo allergenic, fragrance free powder I can use?

Our biggest issue now is his yeasty face folds (he's super wrinkly).

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Dudley HATES wrinkle wiping no matter what I do...so I'll have to give it a try. He just sees me coming with something in my hand and he runs! Smart bully! Just have to say Remi is one handsome dude...and I always want to hug and squeeze Blueberry when I see him!

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
Dudley HATES wrinkle wiping no matter what I do...so I'll have to give it a try. He just sees me coming with something in my hand and he runs! Smart bully! Just have to say Remi is one handsome dude...and I always want to hug and squeeze Blueberry when I see him!
Ollie is the exact same way!! He hates it! It makes it so frustrating and stressful b/c it has to be done, yet he acts like i'm getting ready to hurt him or something!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Great advice [MENTION=6280]ModernFemme[/MENTION] I'll give it a try. I have some veterycin and since it really has no smell I bet they don't hate it so much!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Sheldon stoically sits and lets me wipe him down he doesn't exactly like it, but now his tail pocket is a different matter all together he LOVES having his tail pocket clean he only has a shallow one but he still loves it after I do his tail pocket he walks around shaking his tail as best he can.

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I looked it up I gotta get some of that stuff!

OP
ModernFemme

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
I love the vetericyn because it won't hurt their eyes if you accidentally poke him or spray him. It's mostly salt and water I believe so great for those allergies.
[MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION], I would try finding something just for babies with sensitive skin. OR at least something without corn starch if you know that is a big issue for your bully. Good luck!!

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I was told yeast feeds off corn starch and it makes it worse... don't know for sure its just what I was told.

So sayeth the Sheldon Puppy!

OP
ModernFemme

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
I was told yeast feeds off corn starch and it makes it worse... don't know for sure its just what I was told.

So sayeth the Sheldon Puppy!

Yes, I've heard the same thing. If there is yeast involved, I recommend you clear it up with duoxo first, and then go back to your regular routine.

OP
ModernFemme

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Thank you for the tip, but what is vetericyn?

My sister who trains/raises horses recommended it and I noticed Remi doesn't mind the smell or the feel and just stands there while I clean him now. It's literally cut my grooming time to less than 1 minute. Here is a description from the site:

Vetericyn is a family of animal wound and skin care products that are safe to use on all animals. They are non-toxic, steroid-free, antibiotic-free, and do not contain alcohol or tea tree oils. Vetericyn is safe to use around the eyes (with intact cornea), ears (outer and mid), nose and mouth. Vetericyn has been shown to be effective on livestock cats, dogs, horses, and even exotic animals like birds, snakes, rabbits, lizards, gerbils and more. Vetericyn has been shown to help with hot spots, scratches, skin rashes, skin ulcers, cuts, burns, post-surgical sites, irritated skin, cleaning the umbilical & navel, cleaning and debriding of animal wounds, sores, lacerations and more. Vetericyn is an immediate-acting one-step wound and skin care product for animals. Vetericyn doesn’t harm healthy tissue and is safe for use on all animal species of all ages. Vetericyn is environmentally friendly and is proudly made in the USA.

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Well porky is super wrinkly as a matter of fact
a8e2ebe9.jpg
that's how far we have to move her nose rope to clean (I was trying to take a pic of her giving me a kiss n roger thought its be funny to do that...he's an @$$ lol) I do the same thing basically but with witch hazel n athletes foot powder every 3 days n she hasn't had a yeast infection in over 4 months :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks, Jani.... hope you are Remy are doing well -- good to see you

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online