NOSE

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
no matter what i seem to do Forde's nose always looks crusty and yucky......i have tried aquaphor, bag balm, coconut oil etc....cleaning it daily , not cleaning it daily....i see these pics where the nose is so nice and clean looking.....any ideas?:confused:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Snout Soother maybe? I have heard great things about it from others here.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Ruthie gets crusty nose too but everything I put on her, she goes NUTS licking it off. So crusty nose it is!

OP
FORDE'SMOM

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
thanks all....i may try the snout smoother...i've tried just about everything else lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I use Musher's Secret.... awesome stuff paws and nose

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
no matter what i seem to do Forde's nose always looks crusty and yucky......i have tried aquaphor, bag balm, coconut oil etc....cleaning it daily , not cleaning it daily....i see these pics where the nose is so nice and clean looking.....any ideas?:confused:
I feel your pain! Mabel has hyperkeratosis of her nose. Just using Snout Soother isn't enough. I use a combination of things. When the crusties are bad I use Biobalm, which I get from our vet (but is available online). This causes the crusties to flake off. My vet said to use gauze pads to wipe the flakes off. Mabel HATES the Biobalm. I use Neosporin when her nose looks a little raw, and Snout Soother when I get the crusties off because it isn't as strong and irritating. I absolutely HATE this part of her care--because it's the one thing she fights.

OP
FORDE'SMOM

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
I feel your pain! Mabel has hyperkeratosis of her nose. Just using Snout Soother isn't enough. I use a combination of things. When the crusties are bad I use Biobalm, which I get from our vet (but is available online). This causes the crusties to flake off. My vet said to use gauze pads to wipe the flakes off. Mabel HATES the Biobalm. I use Neosporin when her nose looks a little raw, and Snout Soother when I get the crusties off because it isn't as strong and irritating. I absolutely HATE this part of her care--because it's the one thing she fights.

thanks .....:)

alyssahope

Jul 23, 2013
Birmingham, AL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Queen Margaret May
Just to be clear the crusty nose isn't bad for them right? Maggie gets it and I can easily get rid of it. Sometimes I slack and it crusts up again. Just making sure I'm not harming my sweet girl.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.