my bullie smells all the time

Sarah Gardner

Sep 19, 2013
Country
usa
My bulldog smells constantly. She has a really bad innie for a tail so not much air gets to it also she keeps getting dry flaky spots on her and her hair falls out. Any help or recomendations on what to use on her? Please help shes contantly scratching her poor butt beacuse her tail iches. Thank you

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Last edited:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Welcone to EBN. Too sad it has to be because your baby has problems, but you're in the right place. First thing to check is what she's eating, like BruceP said.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, an itchy tail pocket, or itchy skin and fur that falls out can be caused by allergies. What brand of food are you feeding your bully? Also the itchy tail pocket and smell can be caused by a yeast infection, or a dirty tail pocket. Do you clean the tail pocket on a regular basis? If he has a tight tail pocket, then it should be cleaned out daily. If the odor smells like Fritos, then it could be a yeast infection, in which case it could also be caused by his food. You can get medication from the vet, to clear this up. You can also get a medicated shampoo from the vet, or try some natural remedies like apple cider vinegar rinse after his bath.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It could be the food she is on and her tail pocket may need cleaning.

Tysonbully

Sep 8, 2013
Rome, NY
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson
Hi,
I have struggled for a year with my bullies skin issues and tail infections. I think (fingers crossed) that I found the right treatments for my bully. I use a witch hazel hydrosol with aloe juice on the tail pocket and ears. I typically will do that twice per week. It has worked wonders. I even use the mixture on his face and the acne cleared right up. As far as the food, I tried many different brands. I started using Evo, red meat and it has made a significant difference in his coat. It is so shiny and the bald spots have filled in. I actually think he was allergic to chicken! I hope that helps!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
It's food plain and simple, 3 years ago that was my first post, Vegas stunk sooo bad~!!! I was ready to re-home him because my whole house stunk. My very first post was "My bully stinks" of course everyone ask what I was feeding, and at the time it was Iams :eek: after joining this site and learning food within 6 weeks a miracle happened. You can read my story under the site "food changes" What a difference food makes with these bullies~!!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
agree with othere.... food sounds like the issue. Dry spots and hair loss, could be allergy related too

OP
S

Sarah Gardner

Sep 19, 2013
Country
usa
Thank you all for your awesome responses.I plan on getting some witch hazel and apple cider vinegar To try on her. Im always cleaning out her tail she has been to the vet bbefore but they just gave me antibiotics and special shampoo. I plan I trying diffrent dog food on her they have been eating purina for years. My other bullie is fine with the food no issues. Do you have any recommendations on a good food that isnt expensive?

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Yeah I would have to agree with the others it is most likely the food. You can start by going grain free that usually helps alot. Earthborn is not horribly expensive or even Blue Buffalo. Alot of people on here including myself have had tons of success with Fromm but that is on the pricier side. I am sure others will be along to help out. Good luck! I hope your bully is feeling better soon.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Hi, how much witch hazel and aloe juice do you use, you mix it together right? I am new to Bulldogs, I get my puppy Bully the middle of October. Where do you get the Aloe Juice, and the Witch Hazel, I am going to start doing this, another question, do I start using this when I get him or when he is older, he is 4mo. old. Thank You, this will help me a lot. My Otis Susan Moore

alyssahope

Jul 23, 2013
Birmingham, AL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Queen Margaret May
You've gotten some great advice! I use witch hazel also (I buy the pads at Walmart) I also rinse her off in watered down apple cider vinegar when I bathe her and I make sure it makes it's way into her tail pocket. She's only had one infection since I've had her and that's only because I was still new at this! (Still am) you're in good company!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online