Vinegar after bath rinse?

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Can someone tell me exactly how to use acv as an after bath rinse? Dilute it with water, dump it all over him, let it sit, then towel as usual?

Can I just put it in a sprat bottle instead.of doing it after bath?

How often can you do this? Mack currently gets a Rx bath once a week and gets pretty stinky/itchy/yeasty in between.

How much do I dilute it? Whatvwoukd happen if I did a stronger concentrate?

Does it matter if this is acv without the mother, ir even just white vinegar? The acv I have is too expensive to use as a rinse, its already in two dog bowls!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We do it after every bath we give Harlea. We mix 1 cup AVC (Braggs brand) to 1 gallon of water We have also used the cheaper Wally World brand but the smell and feel didn't last as long so we went back to Braggs. We pour it on after rinsing the shampoo off and let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes and then dry her off. She smells and feels wonderful afterwards.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Can someone tell me exactly how to use acv as an after bath rinse? Dilute it with water, dump it all over him, let it sit, then towel as usual?

Can I just put it in a sprat bottle instead.of doing it after bath?

How often can you do this? Mack currently gets a Rx bath once a week and gets pretty stinky/itchy/yeasty in between.

How much do I dilute it? Whatvwoukd happen if I did a stronger concentrate?

Does it matter if this is acv without the mother, ir even just white vinegar? The acv I have is too expensive to use as a rinse, its already in two dog bowls!

I use white for the rinse. 1 gal water to 1 cup vinegar. I use apple cider vinegar with mother 1 tsp on food once a day. I don't spray because it wouldn't reach the skin enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, you got great information above, we also use ACV, but I have heard that white vinegar works as well. There are many different recipes for a vinegar hair rinse with different measurements, some people use 1 cup vinegar to 1 gallon of water, or 1 cup vinegar to 3 cups of warm water. Apply the vinegar and water mixture to fur after shampoo, I don't pour this on their heads, just on the body, and massage it in, leave on for 5 to 10 minutes, then rinse it off. Some people leave it on and towel dry, but I rinse it off with warm water. The ACV rinse leaves the skin and fur shiny and soft, and keeps them smelling nice longer between baths, it removes soap residue, it restores proper Ph balance to the skin, so gets rid of dandruff, and prevents itchy skin.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
oh, and it also makes the white whiter :cool:

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Sheldon currently only gets a bath every couple of weeks and to me he doesn't really smell except after he comes in from outside, but I too was wondering about the measurements of ACV to water. As per [MENTION=6717]pdolphin27[/MENTION] the salmon oil has made a huge difference in his coat and skin some of his trouble spots are growing hair back he is softer and no itchies, and when I brushed him the other day he didn't shed nearly as much and I have noticed he doesn't have as much hair on the rug either. So I am a firm believer in that Salmon oil.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon currently only gets a bath every couple of weeks and to me he doesn't really smell except after he comes in from outside, but I too was wondering about the measurements of ACV to water. As per @pdolphin27 the salmon oil has made a huge difference in his coat and skin some of his trouble spots are growing hair back he is softer and no itchies, and when I brushed him the other day he didn't shed nearly as much and I have noticed he doesn't have as much hair on the rug either. So I am a firm believer in that Salmon oil.

That's fantastic Jenn!! We love no itchies! :D I pour the ACV straight on buster and rinse it off after his bath. We use BIO-GROOM-soap free-anti itch oatmeal shampoo they have great prices on Amazon. :)

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
After ACV rinse do I towel him or air dry?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
After ACV rinse do I towel him or air dry?
I do towel and then let him run around the backyard after to get his whiz on. He loves to run around like a stuck pig after a shower for some reason. hahaha

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I do towel and then let him run around the backyard after to get his whiz on. He loves to run around like a stuck pig after a shower for some reason. hahaha

Sheldon does too lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Same with Harlea. However, if it just rained we only let her run around the house otherwise she would definitely go and hit each and every mud puddle for sure.

OP
Noyes27

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
I did this today with white vinegar since I had some already. Seems to be helping already. Thanks for the advice, this will definitely be a part of our regular routine going forward. He is so white, so soft, and less itchy!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.