Interdigital Cysts...help:(

marinakovix

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Margie
Hi I own a female bully, named Margie and her paws look horrible!! Our vet is trying laser treatments to reduce the inflammation, but I am not sold on it...anyone out there have any suggestions on what I can do??!?!?

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Hi:) our female Joey gets it sometimes, I've notices it happens if her feet are not dry, like after a rainy period or if she needs to bath often. I have heard it can also be the food, but that I have no experience of:unsure:

I treat it with epsom salt and it works really really great for us. I put quite a lot of epsom salt in a small bowl with some lukewarm water. Then I try to hold her foot in it for as long as I can, it mostly only works for a minute or two cos she gets tired of it. Then I dry her foot real well and the cyst is usually gone or at least much better the following day.

Hope this works for you too:) if it's not getting any better maybe it's the food? I'm sure someone else will come along that know more about the food thingy:)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Finn has a very mild case of interdigital cyst on his back paw; I also used epsom salt and I know others here have tried it as well and found it to be helpful. My vet suggested that I dissolve the epsom salt in a ziplock bag (like a sandwich bag size) and put the paw inside the baggy. I tried this technique and managed to get Finn to stay still for a couple minutes.
Just make sure you have a lot of towels laid out tho b/c this can get messy.

Here's a link to a recent thread that Jeannie posted about interdigital cysts that may help you:

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...igital-cyst-Sally&highlight=interdigital+cyst

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Lola had one cyst on her toes a while back. I know she likes to lick her toes when we are at work, which might have been the cause. I made an epsom salt solution in the bathroom sink with hot water and used a washcloth soaked and wrung out to compress her cyst several times a day. After compressing (about 3 times, less than a minute each, three times a day) I would dry completely and then cover thinly in an antibiotic cream. It took about 4 days for it to disappear, and I kept the epsom salt for another few days. I hope a routine similar to this works. You also might have a food allergy on your hands as the cause. The protein is normally the culprit, we've switched Lola from chicken to beef to venison.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Hi I own a female bully, named Margie and her paws look horrible!! Our vet is trying laser treatments to reduce the inflammation, but I am not sold on it...anyone out there have any suggestions on what I can do??!?!?

Did we meet you at Bay View Bark Carnival today? and :smileywelcome:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.