Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
So last night I get the baby wipes out and the Hibiclens to clean Sheldon's bad spots and his tail pocket and I had to put him on his back so I could clean the really bad place on his neck and I just wanted to cry because I know it hurt he hid his face in my leg :'( so when it was over he got a piece of lunch meat we don't get that unless Mommy has to do something she knows Shelly Bean isn't going to like.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Ah...poor baby. I hate it when I have to do something that I know hurts Dudley, even if it's going to help him in the long run. Give Sheldon a hug from me and Duddles!:havemyheart:

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Aww sweet baby! It hurts us to know they are in pain but we have to do it still and sometimes I don't think they get that! As soon as I get the desitin Brutus runs to his bed and looks so sad! I feel bad but I know it needs to be done!!!

Hugs to baby boy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you I just wanted to cry knowing it hurt hopefully it won't be so bad tonight :cry::pouting:

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you I just wanted to cry knowing it hurt hopefully it won't be so bad tonight :cry::pouting:

Hun it would hurt more if we left them alone! I know the feeling but it will be better :) Hugs!

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hun it would hurt more if we left them alone! I know the feeling but it will be better :) Hugs!

I looked at it earlier and its all ready showing signs of getting better I just have to make sure and clean it well at night, I also put some powder on it so it would dry quickly of course I do his tail pocket after he poops every time now cause I don't want it getting sore so I also put powder there unless I notice it getting red then I put desitin on it he loves his tail treatment its almost like it tickles cause he makes this snorting sound almost every time I do it LOL...It just gets me when I have to do something like this I cry with my kids when they have to do something they know hurts.

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
I looked at it earlier and its all ready showing signs of getting better I just have to make sure and clean it well at night, I also put some powder on it so it would dry quickly of course I do his tail pocket after he poops every time now cause I don't want it getting sore so I also put powder there unless I notice it getting red then I put desitin on it he loves his tail treatment its almost like it tickles cause he makes this snorting sound almost every time I do it LOL...It just gets me when I have to do something like this I cry with my kids when they have to do something they know hurts.

Well that's good! Brutus hates when I clean his bum! His look in his eyes is like he is being violated lol If he only knew how much I hate it too lol

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Well that's good! Brutus hates when I clean his bum! His look in his eyes is like he is being violated lol If he only knew how much I hate it too lol

I am not much of a fan of it either but when it comes to his health I'll do just about anything to keep him healthy just like everyone else on here he is my fur baby

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

wouldtick

Jul 22, 2012
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Barley's Rainbow Cupcake
I have a basket with wet wipes, witch hazel, desitin and anti fungal cream. Every time i go near it barely leaves the room. My wife calls it his basket of torture. Oh and i just added malekeet wipes. Most of the time i am able to prevent any flare ups and it is preventative. I still use the wet wipes on a regular basis a he isnt a fan.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
So last night I get the baby wipes out and the Hibiclens to clean Sheldon's bad spots and his tail pocket and I had to put him on his back so I could clean the really bad place on his neck and I just wanted to cry because I know it hurt he hid his face in my leg :'( so when it was over he got a piece of lunch meat we don't get that unless Mommy has to do something she knows Shelly Bean isn't going to like.Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4
Rambo is such a big baby, But I grab him by the nap of the neck on top, and gather the skin, not hurtful, but as soon as I do that, he falls to the floor, and rolls over into submission. I cleam him up real good, he keeps all 4 legs going, as he cant stand it, when I'm finished, he comes and cuddles up on me, as if to say, I won't do it again, please dont wash my face anymore..... hahaha sad but true, and it's hard to convince them you love them enough to do the face wash, imagine what it would be like if you didn't love them, Now that hurts me to think about, knowing how bad the boys hate their face scrubbed, But I get a warm wash cloth, they seem to like that, but the pads in the folds they can live without.

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo is such a big baby, But I grab him by the nap of the neck on top, and gather the skin, not hurtful, but as soon as I do that, he falls to the floor, and rolls over into submission. I cleam him up real good, he keeps all 4 legs going, as he cant stand it, when I'm finished, he comes and cuddles up on me, as if to say, I won't do it again, please dont wash my face anymore..... hahaha sad but true, and it's hard to convince them you love them enough to do the face wash, imagine what it would be like if you didn't love them, Now that hurts me to think about, knowing how bad the boys hate their face scrubbed, But I get a warm wash cloth, they seem to like that, but the pads in the folds they can live without.

I know!!! I just don't understand how someone who has had contact with this breed couldn't love them. They become such a part of the family , an integral part. Sheldon is one of my babies. I don't as a general rule tell people I have three kids I tell them I have four one just happens to walk on four legs and has fur.:D

So sayeth the Sheldon Puppy!

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Hi guys since we are talking about cleaning i got a dumb question -i always cleaned lilys wrinkles with warm cloth ir baby wipes followed by drying her wrinkles ,but i just bought some witch hazel and wondering do i have to dry the wrinkles after applying it?
The sane question about duoxo pads? (I just ordered them from amazon) xxx

Last edited:

wouldtick

Jul 22, 2012
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Barley's Rainbow Cupcake
I dont dry my bully after the witch hazel but havent had any issues. I would tey it without drying and if there are issues then i would implement the drying.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi guys since we are talking about cleaning i got a dumb question -i always cleaned lilys wrinkles with warm cloth ir baby wipes followed by drying her wrinkles ,but i just bought some witch hazel and wondering do i have to dry the wrinkles after applying it?
The sane question about duoxo pads? (I just ordered them from amazon) xxx

I'm not sure about the Duoxo pads but I don't think so after the witch hazel

So sayeth the Sheldon Puppy!

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Thank you -i was wondering as folds should be kept dry , i had a first go -lily was a bit puzzled by a smell but sat nice and still for me ;-)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.