Might sound silly... but

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
What do you all use to bathe your bullys with? I have heard oatmeal or tea tree shampoo, but I have never had a bulldog before so I want to make sure what I do is right and avoid all skin issues if possible. Brynn's owner's said they groom her once a month, and do her nails every two months as well as give her a dentastick each morning and she has been very healthy with that routine. I am just curious what shampoo would be best. I do know that to much bathing dries their skin out and not drying the wrinkles out will cause issues... I do have cotton balls and the witch hazel which I have read works very well in drying out wrinkles, tail pocket, ect. I am going to keep her routine as similar as I can to her previous one with her first family though. I just don't want to mess anything up for her :( Also, apple cinnamon vinegar? How do you guys use this on your bullys? I can imagine they would smell good with that. :)

Thanks much!

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Oatmeal shampoo is my way to goo to -it is sensitive and calming
I got medicated shampoo too but that is my my other dog when needed
We got same routine ,girls love their dentastix too but nail trimming is every month and every few weeks girls have their anal glands expressed and ear cleaning every week
We clean Lily wrinkles with wet wipes (baby ones) every day so far her face is clean and no issues

OP
AmberXo

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
The dentastix are such a great idea - since I am technically adopting her I am going to pick up more as I am sure she knows she gets one every morning. Hahah :) Is there a specific brand of baby wipes you guys use that is better than another? I did ask about the anal glands and Brynn only needs hers expressed 1-2 times a year so hopefully that stays that way. What do you clean their ears out with? She doesn't have very very deep wrinkles, but they did tell me they groom her every month and as needed and she lets them do whatever so she is used to all of this.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=9689]AmberXo[/MENTION] Brynn is beauty and a Beautiful name!!

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/c...-Nose-Ropes-Folds-Paws-Tail-Pockets-and-Vulva

This thread tells everything about the ears and other stuff. Up at the top there's a tab that says forum if you go into that and scroll down you'll see a section on Bulldog health with an infinite amount of info on shampoos and other stuff. I use Oatmeal soap less shampoo on Buster and it makes his coat soft and shiny and it's anti itch. If you need anything let me know. ;):D

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I currently use baby shampoo.

marianne

May 17, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Jenna
I also use baby shampoo...seems to work the best with Jenna's skin...i've tried a few different shampoos from the vet but doesn't seem to work as well as the baby shampoo...then i rinse with vinegar water, let sit for about 5 minutes or as long as she sits still then a water rinse...works for us

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Ok my doggies are spoiled... they go to the groomers every 6 weeks for bathing & nail trims. But I do have a good excuse... I'm allergic to DOGS and get :shot:for some reason wet doggie hair really gets to me!!! LOL

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
PHil got ya covered with the link to all the info in on spot..... Byrne is adorable - love the name too

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
apple cider vinegar

i use hertz puppy shampoo but I'm almost out and Lola tends to be itchy so i got tea tree oil shampoo by earth bath. another member uses the mango one from this brand

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, and welcome to EBN, Brynn is very cute. We have two EB siblings, Bulldozer and Blossom, and we bath them once every two weeks, we use Petsmarts' brand of Tearless Puppy shampoo with oatmeal and chamomile, we shampoo them and then rinse them, and then do a second rinse with apple cider vinegar and warm water, leave it on for 5 minutes and then rinse it off. It keeps them smelling nice longer in between their baths, and makes their coat soft. We use unscented sensitive skin baby wipes to wipe their faces, eyes, ears, when needed.

OP
AmberXo

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
thanks for all of the suggestions everyone!! and compliments :) I emailed Brynn's current owner of now until tomorrow when I get her - she uses oatmeal shampoo on her as well, but will be bathing her for me in the AM so I won't have to worry about that right away. I think I may stick to the oatmeal as a few of you have said it works well as well for your bullies! :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.