How the heck do you brush a bullies teeth?!!!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
My guess would be sedation! You can tell we have not tried that endeavor just yet.

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Eek Sedating a bully is never a good thing. I think I will stick to marrow bones and dental bones. Tried the finger brush and I am lucky I still have my finger :tongue:

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I don't have any problem with Sheldon he loves grooming and having his teeth brushed we always do his teeth when we do ours that way he is a part of the family and he seems to enjoy it because he walks around smiling afterward showing everyone his pretty white teeth LOL

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I just give them marrow bones once a week... 9 yrs and running, the pups have great, clean teeth
Do you get the marrow bones from the butcher?!!

- - - Updated - - -

Eek Sedating a bully is never a good thing. I think I will stick to marrow bones and dental bones. Tried the finger brush and I am lucky I still have my finger :tongue:
LMAO... I tried the finger brush too, and I'm lucky I didn't lose a digit!!! :biglaugh:

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
LOL Fergus liked the lick the toothpast but when I tried to get in his mouth he started knawing on my finger and thought it was a game. I get mine from the butcher ask for bones no smaller then 3"

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
LOL Fergus liked the lick the toothpast but when I tried to get in his mouth he started knawing on my finger and thought it was a game. I get mine from the butcher ask for bones no smaller then 3"
Good grief... these dogs eat better than we do at times!!! LMAO

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Do you get the marrow bones from the butcher?!!

- - - Updated - - -

LMAO... I tried the finger brush too, and I'm lucky I didn't lose a digit!!! :biglaugh:

yes.. And some grocery stores sell them as soup bones in meat dept or frozen meat section. Once the eat all the marrow, I rinse and stuff with peanut butter or fat free cream cheese or banana then freeze and that is the treat each week.... We call it the Saturday Special. :D

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
yes.. And some grocery stores sell them as soup bones in meat dept or frozen meat section. Once the eat all the marrow, I rinse and stuff with peanut butter or fat free cream cheese or banana then freeze and that is the treat each week.... We call it the Saturday Special. :D
Thanks Christine!!! I will have to do that, my dogs will LOVE it... Sounds much better than me losing a finger :yell:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks Christine!!! I will have to do that, my dogs will LOVE it... Sounds much better than me losing a finger :yell:

Glad I could help you save some fingers

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack

I was trying to be funny but I guess it was an epic fail!! Of course I would not sedate him to brush his teeth!

harvey

Sep 6, 2013
Reno, Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey and Tommy
I've attached a video my husband took of me brushing two bullies' teeth at the same time!!! Yes, it can be done. First, pick a flavored toothpaste. Then squeeze some out on one of your fingers and let your dog taste it. You'll know right away if he does--and if he does, spread it out on a toothbrush and insert the brush into his mouth. Let him chew the brush for a few seconds, and then start brushing his teeth.

Just watch my video. Please let me know if you have any quesitons.
Good luck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfmsxziWqZI&feature=c4-overview&list=UUeADBJotVYM8uolCRCUhb2w

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Rocco is pretty good on letting us brush his teeth with his bacon flavored toothpaste. We do it about once a week

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I've attached a video my husband took of me brushing two bullies' teeth at the same time!!! Yes, it can be done. First, pick a flavored toothpaste. Then squeeze some out on one of your fingers and let your dog taste it. You'll know right away if he does--and if he does, spread it out on a toothbrush and insert the brush into his mouth. Let him chew the brush for a few seconds, and then start brushing his teeth.

Just watch my video. Please let me know if you have any quesitons.
Good luck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfmsxziWqZI&feature=c4-overview&list=UUeADBJotVYM8uolCRCUhb2w

I used a toothbrush like that w/Winston, but he bit the brush head off!!! Then I had to chase him down to get it out of his mouth... Wish I had that on video!!! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.