Witch Hazel question

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
Based on yalls recommendations i'm purchasing some Douxo pads and Witch Hazel from Amazon.

My question is: when I search on Amazon, so many results come up for Witch Hazel and i'm confused as to which one to buy. It seems they come in different scents? Is there a particular one that is better or is it just a personal preference? Or am I looking at the totally wrong thing? :blink:

I found a link on another thread for the Douxo pads so i'm good there.

One more question: can someone explain what specifically each is used for? Or do I just need to purchase 1?

I have the unscented baby wipes that I have been wiping her down with and making sure her mouth/nose is clean and dry, but I want to have these on hand when we need them. It seems like she has watery eyes (this may just be me reading too much into it as her vet said she looks great... but I think you can never be too cautious. Also, this is my first bully (and puppy in general) on my own so it may be normal) and I want to prevent tear stains before they happen. I'm hoping switching her food to Fromms will help that since she is on Eukanuba puppy from the breeder (a 2 star food-yuck).

Thanks in advance!! :D

Lisa Marie Mayer

Feb 20, 2013
michigan
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
lord igor (aka iggy pup), bones and blue
I purchase mine from drugstore.com. I use tn dickinsons no scent. I use for cleaning folds mostly near the eye and sometimes between foot pads. My igor has a bit of a weepy eye from a slight turn in of the lid. They are great for general clean and because there is no smell he doesn't bolt for under the bed like the ones from the vet. Good luck.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I just get standard witch hazel at Walgreens for 99 cents a bottle...

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
Samantha Orts

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
Oh wow, it's almost $10 on Amazon! I didn't even think to look there, thanks!

Khloes mama

Aug 2, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Khloe
Hi! I'm about to purchase a bottle also and was wondering the same thing! How often to do it with witch hazel/ Douxo pads? She gets cleaned with baby wipes (sensative&unscented) every day or every other day.

Thx friends!!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi! I'm about to purchase a bottle also and was wondering the same thing! How often to do it with witch hazel/ Douxo pads? She gets cleaned with baby wipes (sensative&unscented) every day or every other day.

Thx friends!!

If the baby wipes are keeping her clean don't switch. We use the witch/pads on Buster once a day because of the tear stains and because he had pretty bad acne which is all gone now.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
The witch hazel I use is Dickinson witch hazel. Just the regular one. don't get scented or w added things like aloe. You can get the bottle or prepared pads. You can get either at most pharmacies or even grocery stores.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We just get our Witch Hazel from Walmart, about a dollar.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.