Cleaning my pups face folds.... Which wipes?

Khloes mama

Aug 2, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Khloe
Hi all, I have a 9 1/2 wk old english bulldog and trying to find the best wipe to use for her. I've read a lot and seems that mal a tek & Douxo come up a lot. Which work best? I've priced the, and seems Douxo are a tad bit more but might be worth it. Let me know which have worked well and how many times you use them? Once a day or weekly?

As always, thx for the help!!!!
p:)

Miss Snuffles Mom

Jun 24, 2013
Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Snuffles
Hi
I use saline solution with the round cotton make up pads to wipe snuffles folds/wrinkles at bedtime. This way if it accidentally gets in her eyes it won't harm her. I also use the baby wipes from Costco to wipe her face/eyes through out the day. ��

Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I use Duoxo..but not on a regular basis. Maybe every 10 days and at bath time. I also use cotton pads with witch hazel but also no more than once a week. I am a "less is more" person. Too much stuff can cause redness, soreness and irritation. Then you have a whole new set of problems! The Duoxo are the same as Maloket wipes without the strong smell! I get them from Amazon.

OP
Khloes mama

Khloes mama

Aug 2, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Khloe
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] thanks! I was leaning towards those, do you use those to clean paws too? Her paws look fine but I don't know if I should wipe them down just to prevent or leave them alone? Her face folds are also ok but a little moist.... I'm goings to place my order for those tonight.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, and welcome. Congratulations on your new baby Khloe, she is just too much cuteness. We also use baby wipes for cleaning the face folds, ears, eyes, and tail pockets. I use the unscented, sensitive ones, depends on which brand is on sale, sometimes Pampers, sometimes Huggies, or Costco brand. We use the baby wipes on a daily and as needed basis, I do their faces, and eyes daily, and their ears weekly, and their tail pockets if needed, they have a short curly tail, and the pocket isn't deep, it's usually clean, plus we bath our two guys every two weeks. We also use witch hazel when needed.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
@JAKEISGREAT thanks! I was leaning towards those, do you use those to clean paws too? Her paws look fine but I don't know if I should wipe them down just to prevent or leave them alone? Her face folds are also ok but a little moist.... I'm goings to place my order for those tonight.

Yes! I use them to wipe his feet and if I ever see a bump or anything different..I saturate with a pad or two. I will wipe his whole body down including chin and head with 2 or 3 pads. He hates it..but they really work for us!

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
We also use Duoxo pads once a week and a make up pad with witch hazel every other days as needed. Depending if his chin starts breaking out or if he has been smooshing his face in things. Other wise he gets daily wipe downs with unscented baby wipes booty and other areas as needed.

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
@JAKEISGREAT thanks! I was leaning towards those, do you use those to clean paws too? Her paws look fine but I don't know if I should wipe them down just to prevent or leave them alone? Her face folds are also ok but a little moist.... I'm goings to place my order for those tonight.

Wiping her paws down is a good idea for a couple of reasons. You want her to get used to you manipulating her feet so that if something comes up in the future she will already be used to you touching her there. Plus she will get grass and other yucky stuff in there which may cause allergies so wiping them with baby wipes and drying them will help keep them healthy.

Here are two of my favorite articles for new parents. Congratulations!

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/c...-Nose-Ropes-Folds-Paws-Tail-Pockets-and-Vulva

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/c...You-should-have-if-you-own-an-English-Bulldog

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.