How often to bathe?

jdotlim

Jul 4, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
I've tried searching and googling. How often do you guys bathe your bulldogs? Cuz mine doesn't stink, but it gives an odor that doesn't smell too good. Is it bad to do it every other week? Just a minor bathe, shampoo and water.

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
I've tried searching and googling. How often do you guys bathe your bulldogs? Cuz mine doesn't stink, but it gives an odor that doesn't smell too good. Is it bad to do it every other week? Just a minor bathe, shampoo and water.

Some people go a month. If you are not having skin or smell issues the less baths the better. If the bully doesn't smell good after the bath before you get Tonka out rinse him off with some white vinegar and leave it on it will make him nice and soft and make him smell good.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We give Harlea a bath and ACV rinse every other week but we do it because she like to roll around in patches of dirt in our yard that doesn't have grass. I am curious though.... What does it smell like? Just normal dirty doggie or corn chips? If it is they latter you may have yeast problems.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
We bath our two guys every two weeks, we use the Tearless Puppy with Oatmeal and Chamomile shampoo from Petsmart. It makes them smell like Baby powder. Then we rinse them off with apple cider vinegar.

OP
jdotlim

jdotlim

Jul 4, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Yeah. I've rinsed him with ACV. It's not corn chips smell. It doesn't smell bad really, I'm probably picky haha. But it's like I guess the normal doggy smell. I guess I might be over thinking it. But if I chose to take him a bath every other week. Would that do any harm? Thanks for the help.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
When Jake was little, I bathed him every week..for no reason really! But now maybe once a month...maybe! If he gets into something then he gets an extra one. :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We very seldom bathe ours.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
we bath Sheldon in the summer once a week during the winter we bath him once every couple weeks I either use an oatmeal pet shampoo or baby shampoo and I use unscented baby wipes for those spa times to clean his tail pocket eyes nose wrinkles and pads. Although I am looking into using a pet shampoo containing Tea Tree Oil.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Once or twice a year and they just refuse to smell:D That's just one of the benefits of raw feeding.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
We bath our dogs every 2 weeks -Shy have skin allergies and thankfully she now doesn't need medications but i still bathe her in a oatmeal shampoo -and if Shy is bathed i might as well bathe Lily :)

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
My pups get baths everytime they need it. Bath time is an opportunity for me to practice leadership rituals too - which is a bonus. They both LOVE bath time so it's never a struggle to get it done. The only hard part is lifting Bea in an out of the tub. She's got such short legs, she can't jump in and out like Bo can. I put them in the bathroom together and one has to wait while the other is bathed and dried and so on. Bea likes to sit on a towel "in her bathrobe" -- which is a dry towel draped around her shoulders. LOL She loves that for some reason. Bo has to practice patience until it's his turn and that's a good challenge for him. I have one of those Kong Scrubbie things --- they friggin LOVE that thing. Really gets that soap into the fur!

Attachments

• PB170001-001.jpg
    PB170001-001.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I bathe Vegas every two weeks due to allergies, he has a Rx shampoo for yeast and fungus. I put him in the tub put shampoo all over him and let him soak for about 10 min. before I rinse,

OP
jdotlim

jdotlim

Jul 4, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Thanks for all the help. I think I'll stick to every other week for a bathe unless he would need it sooner.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Up to about 5 months of age I was bathing Ace at least every two weeks and sometimes more frequently, thinking it might help with some environmental skin issues but I actually think it didn't help and may have made things worse. Now he gets a bath about once a month

chikou

Apr 2, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Fiona
We give Harlea a bath and ACV rinse every other week but we do it because she like to roll around in patches of dirt in our yard that doesn't have grass. I am curious though.... What does it smell like? Just normal dirty doggie or corn chips? If it is they latter you may have yeast problems.

Silly question yalll rinse with apple cinamon vinegar then water or do you just finished them off with acv?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.