Pocket Tail fun

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Using Duoxo pads (as mentioned previous by Caspar) and the Duoxo Shampoo that goes with them, Bea's tail pocket is in tip top shape always! I've tried everything imaginable and this combo is the very best for her. I even found some "mousse" of that formulation from Duoxo and I put an extra little puff on the pad before we go in there to clean. Bea's tail pocket is deep! You could park a Cadillac in there! So it really needs effective -- not constant -- attention.

Because I've been cleaning her pocket since she was a pup, she's very used to it and it's not a problem to do.

Bo's "tail crease" (area between butt and tail) is a similar story. He loves to have his tail "medicine" and will follow me into the laundry room for "treatment". It gets dry and itchy down there. A quick babywipe clean and some salve (Desitin or anti itch cream) and he's a happy guy.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Using Duoxo pads (as mentioned previous by Caspar) and the Duoxo Shampoo that goes with them, Bea's tail pocket is in tip top shape always! I've tried everything imaginable and this combo is the very best for her. I even found some "mousse" of that formulation from Duoxo and I put an extra little puff on the pad before we go in there to clean. Bea's tail pocket is deep! You could park a Cadillac in there! So it really needs effective -- not constant -- attention.

Because I've been cleaning her pocket since she was a pup, she's very used to it and it's not a problem to do.

Bo's "tail crease" (area between butt and tail) is a similar story. He loves to have his tail "medicine" and will follow me into the laundry room for "treatment". It gets dry and itchy down there. A quick babywipe clean and some salve (Desitin or anti itch cream) and he's a happy guy.

I have desitin as well and I have also noticed since I started cleaning Sheldon's tail pocket he doesn't whine trying to reach his but trying to lick it or scoot anymore he seems to be pretty comfortable.

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

adamslater

Dec 6, 2012
Sudbury, ON
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
I use witch hazel on my boys tail pocket everyday. I just bought a bottle from the drug store and use circular cotton pads. If there is irritation I will mix polysporin & destin to get rid of the redness and keep him dry. When his tail pocket was really irritated I would also use some gold bond. Make sure to remove any loose hair from the area as well.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks needs this done daily, but I noticed since switching to Fromm Pork-n-Peas... It is much cleaner it still needed. she HATES it but we use unscientific baby wipes or witch hazel to clean her

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.