alyssahope

alyssahope

Jul 23, 2013
Birmingham, AL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Queen Margaret May
Awesome what part of Arkansas are in you I'm about an hour North East of Little Rock...Searcy and ok I think I have some I think its Heinz in the pantry. Thank you.

I'm just outside little rock in maumelle. I graduated in searcy! Haha

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I'm just outside little rock in maumelle. I graduated in searcy! Haha
WOW..what a coincidence LOL...if you make it close to Searcy maybe we can set up a play date for our bully babies...Hope your fur baby starts feeling better!

OP
alyssahope

alyssahope

Jul 23, 2013
Birmingham, AL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Queen Margaret May
WOW..what a coincidence LOL...if you make it close to Searcy maybe we can set up a play date for our bully babies...Hope your fur baby starts feeling better!

I leave for Alabama tomorrow so maybe next time! That would be fun!

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
When we drove through Alabama I thought it was Gorgeous and I loved the accent there we had to stop at a gas station there and this elderly gentleman walked with a cane opened the door for me and gestured for me to come in and he said a few words in greeting and his accent took me back about a hundred years LOL....very gentlemanly and quiet!! It was my favorite state we went through when going to Florida I hope to vacation there some day.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Thanks everyone. I've been cleaning it with the ACV as directed and put some in her water. Hopefully this will clear up soon. I think it's getting better. It's not so smelly anymore. Honestly I'm 90% sure her last owner has never cleaned it either. My poor baby :(
I hope it continues to get better, and I'm sure your bully thanks you immensely for helping to keep it clean!

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok thank you

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Here is what I use, and others have different suggestions that work well too.

Wipe out pocket with 1/8 apple cider vinegar per 7/8 water. Clean area until all of the brown stuff is gone.

But some malacetic ultra off amazon. Wet down a cotton ball with the malacetic ultra and stick it inside of pocket, working it around as much as possible. Make sure it has plenty on it.

Allow to dry out on its own, the malecetic has its own drying agent in it.

Once you get the pocket under control after several days of this, i would repeat it for 3 more days once you have a clean wipe. Then switch to a milder cleanser like witch hazel. Follow up with gold bond powder. You may never have an issue again.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Not trying to thread jump you at all, but wouldn't this same process work for gunked up nose rope?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Not trying to thread jump you at all, but wouldn't this same process work for gunked up nose rope?

Absolutely but I wouldn't put the gold bond in there.... Too close to the nose! Ewww the thought if having that stuff next to my nose all day would freak me out. I would only use a drying cleanser. Like malacetic otic (not ultra), douxo, witch hazel....

OP
alyssahope

alyssahope

Jul 23, 2013
Birmingham, AL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Queen Margaret May
Update: her tail is still brown when I clean it but not gunky or as bad as it was a few days ago. It doesn't smell like death anymore but more of a metalicky smell. She's starting to not really want me back there so It must be getting sensitive.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Update: her tail is still brown when I clean it but not gunky or as bad as it was a few days ago. It doesn't smell like death anymore but more of a metalicky smell. She's starting to not really want me back there so It must be getting sensitive.

What are you using exactly? Metallic could be dried blood...

OP
alyssahope

alyssahope

Jul 23, 2013
Birmingham, AL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Queen Margaret May
Great news! Tonights cleaning resulted in no gunk, no bleeding, and no yelps! Her tail has actually started poking out a little bit which has made cleanings much easier! Thanks for all the help! So blessed to have found this site!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.