mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
Mayhem is only 3 months old and I am trying my best to get him adjusted to the daily wrinkle and nose rope wipe down........not going so well, as he turns into a giant snapping turtle, trying to grab the cloth. Any suggestions on how to calm him, so this isn't such a chore?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The only way we got Buster to stop biting was to use treats. Break up carrots or cookies into little small bits and make it a fun time for him, when he is good and you clean his face then give him one. It worked for us.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Maybe try cleaning him while he's napping? Or have his favorite chew toy in one hand and clean using the other. I still have this problem (not biting but running away or moving heads all over), with my boys and they're over 2yo now. Calmly talking to them helps a little but many times I'm just chasing them around with a washcloth in my hand! btw, Mayhem is so adorable!

wouldtick

Jul 22, 2012
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Barley's Rainbow Cupcake
I rub barley's tail pocket. Instant happy do. I used to put a treat in one of those treat balls.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Lily used to do it , when she didn't try and grab the cloth i would use a soft voice saying how good she is ,eventually she grew out of it
She is not fussed on cleaning but once i say "wrinkle wipe" she will come and sit down so i can clean her ,im usually behind her she will lift her head high and look into my eyes while i work on her wrinkles x

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.