Reverse sneezing

amelson19933

Dec 28, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
lol....:) the first time Forde did it i thought omg, he can't breath, he's going to die........although it only last a minute or two if not stopped it seems like forever!

OMG! Tank has done this a handfull of times and I had no idea what it was! We thought he was having an asthsma attack the first time. He had a real bad fit with one yesterday morning it scared the crap out of us because we didnt know how to stop it.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i have a boston who does it and one who use to do it but is passed on now. if i catch duke before he does it i give him a benadryl and then he is fine but if he is in full on mode he does it for several minutes and wont stop no matter what i do so the last time he did it i squirted some lemon juice in his mouth and he stopped immediately. i believe its allergy related myself.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Our Bennie does it, not often but maybe once a week for a few seconds. Our Pug Lycka also does it sometimes and the rescue male we re-homed also did it. It's more common in dogs with short noses and it's in most cases nothing to worry about:)

OP
FORDE'SMOM

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
OMG! Tank has done this a handfull of times and I had no idea what it was! We thought he was having an asthsma attack the first time. He had a real bad fit with one yesterday morning it scared the crap out of us because we didnt know how to stop it.

all you have to do is lightly put your two fingers over his nostrils and it should immediately stop :) forde doesn't do it often but when he does you can tell he is so confused at what is happening.....:)

amelson19933

Dec 28, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
all you have to do is lightly put your two fingers over his nostrils and it should immediately stop :) forde doesn't do it often but when he does you can tell he is so confused at what is happening.....:)
He looked so scared when he had the fit Friday morning like he couldn't breath. And we're at a loss of what to do. I will defiantly try that the next time. I've noticed since its gotten warmer, he's had fits like this more often (thinking it may be allergies)

OP
FORDE'SMOM

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
He looked so scared when he had the fit Friday morning like he couldn't breath. And we're at a loss of what to do. I will defiantly try that the next time. I've noticed since its gotten warmer, he's had fits like this more often (thinking it may be allergies)
[MENTION=7530]amelson19933[/MENTION].....i think you may be correct.....it's due to alergies.....Forde hasn't had one in like a year, until the other day.....:)

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.