Eve
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Reverse sneezing

Quote Originally Posted by FORDE'SMOM View Post
    lol.... the first time Forde did it i thought omg, he can't breath, he's going to die........although it only last a minute or two if not stopped it seems like forever!
    It must look worse than it is. If its considered a sneeze. Maybe it's allergies.

Doggie Boutique Owner FORDE'SMOM's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Forde
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ZeusCsmommy View Post
    It must look worse than it is. If its considered a sneeze. Maybe it's allergies.
    it does look worse than what it is

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Wilson does it from time-to-time. He did it again this evening. I thank this board cause without it I wouldn't have known what was wrong the first time he did it. I had read some posts on here a couple of years back so I knew was it was and I wasn't alarmed.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Real Name
    Anna
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

lol.... the first time Forde did it i thought omg, he can't breath, he's going to die........although it only last a minute or two if not stopped it seems like forever!
    OMG! Tank has done this a handfull of times and I had no idea what it was! We thought he was having an asthsma attack the first time. He had a real bad fit with one yesterday morning it scared the crap out of us because we didnt know how to stop it.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

i have a boston who does it and one who use to do it but is passed on now. if i catch duke before he does it i give him a benadryl and then he is fine but if he is in full on mode he does it for several minutes and wont stop no matter what i do so the last time he did it i squirted some lemon juice in his mouth and he stopped immediately. i believe its allergy related myself.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Our Bennie does it, not often but maybe once a week for a few seconds. Our Pug Lycka also does it sometimes and the rescue male we re-homed also did it. It's more common in dogs with short noses and it's in most cases nothing to worry about
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Forde
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by amelson19933 View Post
    OMG! Tank has done this a handfull of times and I had no idea what it was! We thought he was having an asthsma attack the first time. He had a real bad fit with one yesterday morning it scared the crap out of us because we didnt know how to stop it.
    all you have to do is lightly put your two fingers over his nostrils and it should immediately stop forde doesn't do it often but when he does you can tell he is so confused at what is happening.....

Real Name
    Anna
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

all you have to do is lightly put your two fingers over his nostrils and it should immediately stop forde doesn't do it often but when he does you can tell he is so confused at what is happening.....
    He looked so scared when he had the fit Friday morning like he couldn't breath. And we're at a loss of what to do. I will defiantly try that the next time. I've noticed since its gotten warmer, he's had fits like this more often (thinking it may be allergies)

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Forde
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by amelson19933 View Post
    He looked so scared when he had the fit Friday morning like he couldn't breath. And we're at a loss of what to do. I will defiantly try that the next time. I've noticed since its gotten warmer, he's had fits like this more often (thinking it may be allergies)
    @amelson19933.....i think you may be correct.....it's due to alergies.....Forde hasn't had one in like a year, until the other day.....
    Last edited by FORDE'SMOM; 06-10-2013 at 08:23 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads