no more petsmart for us..

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
we use oatmeal shampoo and they only get a bath when really necessary... like twice a year. But in the summer... they are in the pool or under the hose a lot so they do sort of get wash that way too

yes....what's the secret to less bathing...tell us what you do please :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He definitely needs showers every other month. Your fur kids stay clean so long. How do u keep them clean. Any advice.

yes....what's the secret to less bathing...tell us what you do please :)

I brush them with the zoom groom at least once a week and I wipe their paws with baby wipes or damp cloth

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
The one and only time I had Petsmart clean Vegas's ears out while getting his nails dremeled he got an ear infection. I cant use them to bathe Vegas because he is on a special shampoo Pharmaseb, and they will only use their own products. :down:

Starkie

Dec 8, 2012
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walley-Bubba aka Wooley Bulley aka Walter! aka Landi!!
Walley-Bubba, the English Bulldog, gets his nails trimmed and buffed at PetCo for $15.
He got bathed and a nail trim/buff there last month for around $40.
The groomer who does the work is both a dog lover and an SRT-4 lover also.
And he doesn't believe in bowing a Bullie which is fine with me.

Ann takes Shadow, the Yorkie, to PetCo as well and he does fine also.
And yes, he is cute so he gets bowed :)

I guess it all depends on who you get to do the work?

WB and Shadow both go to PetSmart for Banfield vet work (top notch so far).
But neither for any grooming because they are always so busy.
We go to PetCo for that.

Finally, in the interests of equal time (for us) PetFoodExpress had the best deal on Antlers (larger and cheaper).

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
We have a do-it-yourself bathing place that is awesome! It has a tub up at waist high, and a ramp to walk the dog up to it, so you don't have to do any lifting. You can either bring your own bathing products, or they provide them (included in the price of the wash). They have good stuff too, which we use the oatmeal shampoo. They also provide all the towels, wash cloths, and even have a blower to use after. The cost is only $17 here and it is a huge back saver (no more bending over in the tub at home):) Maybe there's one in your area?

xsubsailor

Jan 24, 2013
West Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickle
We have a do-it-yourself bathing place that is awesome! It has a tub up at waist high, and a ramp to walk the dog up to it, so you don't have to do any lifting. You can either bring your own bathing products, or they provide them (included in the price of the wash). They have good stuff too, which we use the oatmeal shampoo. They also provide all the towels, wash cloths, and even have a blower to use after. The cost is only $17 here and it is a huge back saver (no more bending over in the tub at home):) Maybe there's one in your area?

I was going to mention the local do-it-yourself dog wash too. The ramps are a big help for those who have larger pooches.

I have used Petco in the past and they do a good job, but the same girl works with Pickle every time. She is very consistant and Pickle loves going to see her. But Pickle stays pretty clean due to her being inside so much but I bathe her every three/four weeks.

I use a wash cloth or baby wipes everyday to keep her "lady parts" and her face wrinkles clean. When I bathe her I use the shower stall with a sprayer and I use J&J Baby Shampoo. I avoid her face and head with the sprayer but use a wash cloth to do that part of the job. I have been thinking of switching to a different shampoo when this bottle runs out tho.

Hoganmcbean

Jun 7, 2013
Kelowna, BC
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Hogan
hey!! ive always given hogan baths at home. i dont see a point in wasting money on that stuff when you can have one on one time with your dog...plus its so cute haha. i was recommended by my vet to use oatmeal free shampoo since english bulldog are prone to getting yeast infections. we were using just a generic brand from petsmart but will be switching since he now has a yeast infection in his paw and tail. we also do not use cotton balls in the ears. it is perfectly fine to wash their face, just make sure that you completely fry their face and ears so they do not get a cold =) enjoy hehe

OP
ZeusCsmommy

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Stockton, California, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
I can't shower him by myself he's so strong and I can barely carry him into the tub. But I have done it. I get bad back ache after I shower him. I need to look into all the do it yourself doggy bath places.

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
Every bully like every person has different bathing needs. Daily grooming can often reduce the frequency that baths are needed and it only takes a minutes a day. Twice a week brushing will help keep their coats clean and reduce the amount of hair around your house. Cleaning other parts of your dog will keep him healthy and cleaner as well. Here is some great information http://www.englishbulldognews.com/c...-Nose-Ropes-Folds-Paws-Tail-Pockets-and-Vulva

alyw9876

Jul 18, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Milly
hey so is this type of shampoo ok for a newer puppy thats 7 weeks? or should i get the new puppy line instead of the itchy dog kind?

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i bathe sarah at home but she fits in the sink. i use kenic neem/oatmeal shampoo. i do not wash sarahs face when i bathe her. her face is done in the morning if needed with her duoxo pads or sometimes a cotton ball and my chloraseb but i think alot here use witch hazel. i used to bathe sarah twice a week when her yeast was bad but not she only gets it like every couple of weeks.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
All 4 of mine go into the bathtub and then I close the slider door. I get in there with them in my bathing suit and wash them all, faces included each time. Works for me :up:

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
My Porkie is a big girl. My tub has a shower door and a bit difficult for me as a single lady to carry her to the tub. She's 63 lbs at the moment. She's on a diet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
I'm new, so who knows how it will be when my baby grows 40+lbs! But I use/used earth bath on previous pets before. No harsh chemicals and smells great. I bathed ace on the first day I got him cause he was shedding quite a bit an his fur seemed a bit stiff. I used the kong grooming comb (don't know what it's called) to shampoo him. Rinsed, then I used 1 cup white vinegar to 1 gallon. He still smells great! I have been using a slicker brush every evening, coming gently against his hair. It picks up dead hair and skin, leaving his coat shiny and smooth :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.