How long ??

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Hi guys. How long should I wait before bathing coco. She had her stitches out yesterday after being spayed she's stinky lol x

RachaelJ

Mar 31, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
Did you ask your vet could you bath her? Usually they'll give you a time frame. And because the stiches are out, you may be allowed to. I'd call your vet to be sure.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I'd give her a bath, just don't rub the incision area, stinky isn't good and if she's dirty, she's carrying bacteria

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Vet said as long as a don't get much in the wound should be fine. Her paws get really smelly easily any advice they have red stains in them. ?? Is that normal ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369412813.669102.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Vet said as long as a don't get much in the wound should be fine. Her paws get really smelly easily any advice they have red stains in them. ?? Is that normal View attachment 44333

Red stains and smell like Fritos .... yeast! There is a thread, I will try to find and post it... but it is 'pickled paws', great treatment for yeasty paws. Also, try to remove white potato from the die, it adds to the problem. My girls, Banks - big yeast issues, I switched to Fromm Pork and Peas a month ago... almost all issues are gone

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree with all the great advice you already got. Always best to ask your vet first if in doubt. I had Blossom spayed when she was 7 months old, and I bathed her a week after her surgery, and she was fine.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.