Thread: Acne?

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sassy and Dozer
    Likes (Received)

Default Acne?

Our Sassy girl is starting to get what looks like pimples on her chin. We feed her food in stainless steel so I am not sure what's causing it. Any suggestions on how to help clear this up for her?

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Acne?

Ace is 7 months of age and he has a bad case of it right now too. I have been cleaning it daily with a very warm wash cloth that I just hold over the area for a little bit and wipe his face of course too. I have used Stridex pads, witch hazel and recently an antibiotic gel. Since doing this it hasn't cleared up but isn't noticeably worse. So I'm open to suggestions too. It doesn't seem to bother him though it has bled a small bit at times. It does though bother me, it looks terrible

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

I was going to let the vet look at it when I took him into get a vaccine Saturday but when I called to make an appointment they said he was current on vaccines and the notice they sent to me was in error. So I'm going to treat myself unless it gets much worse.

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

One thing to keep in mind is the first thing that a bully touches anything with, is their chin. When your bully is done drinking, dry the chin. This helps, just by keeping it dry. Bullys do typically go through a teenage stage with acne. don't be alarmed, it's normal. Now if it's real severe , it will swell and bleed. if it's bumps, its normal, but can be improved by keeping dry. antibiotics will clear it up, but then you are dealing with a weakened immune system when the meds are done. Add a spoon of yogurt to one meal daily.
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)

Raven had some bully acne for a bit. I would clean up her face and then wipe it with Witch Hazel on a pad. Took a bit of time but it cleared up and never came back. Good luck. Seems like they have a teenage spell like a human child.
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

Real Name
    Nicole
    Country
    United States of America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Loki Beans
    Likes (Received)

Loki used to have puppy acne too! His would get really bad to th we point of bleeding in a matter of hours. We clean his face all the time but it wasn't good enough apparently. We ended up bringing him in and he was put on prednisone for a few day and whala it was gone. We also changed out his drool rag every day and that too did the job.

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    One thing to keep in mind is the first thing that a bully touches anything with, is their chin. When your bully is done drinking, dry the chin. This helps, just by keeping it dry. Bullys do typically go through a teenage stage with acne. don't be alarmed, it's normal. Now if it's real severe , it will swell and bleed. if it's bumps, its normal, but can be improved by keeping dry. antibiotics will clear it up, but then you are dealing with a weakened immune system when the meds are done. Add a spoon of yogurt to one meal daily.
    ROCK SOLID Gold advice.

Bulldog Vet in Training Lauren31287's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Def keep the chin dry! I also found that the mal a ket wipes helped a lot when Winston went through this!

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

One thing we found was when Bacon was playing during his teenage/acne period he would end up popping the pimples on the carpet down stairs because it's a high traffic carpet and he would be rubbing his chin on it. A warm water compress for a few seconds and he would be back bouncing all over the place and wouldn't be bleeding anymore.

Real Name
    Adam & Jen
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Winston has this problem as well. I wipe his face after he drinks now and clean his face every night before he goes to bed. I have been using this gel product that has been working wonders....not sure if you can get it in the states. It's called Nature's Aid and it works on many other skin issues and irritations. Best of luck!

Remove Ads