Acne?

benjibabies3

May 23, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sassy and Dozer
Our Sassy girl is starting to get what looks like pimples on her chin. We feed her food in stainless steel so I am not sure what's causing it. Any suggestions on how to help clear this up for her?

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Ace is 7 months of age and he has a bad case of it right now too. I have been cleaning it daily with a very warm wash cloth that I just hold over the area for a little bit and wipe his face of course too. I have used Stridex pads, witch hazel and recently an antibiotic gel. Since doing this it hasn't cleared up but isn't noticeably worse. So I'm open to suggestions too. It doesn't seem to bother him though it has bled a small bit at times. It does though bother me, it looks terrible

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I was going to let the vet look at it when I took him into get a vaccine Saturday but when I called to make an appointment they said he was current on vaccines and the notice they sent to me was in error. So I'm going to treat myself unless it gets much worse.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
One thing to keep in mind is the first thing that a bully touches anything with, is their chin. When your bully is done drinking, dry the chin. This helps, just by keeping it dry. Bullys do typically go through a teenage stage with acne. don't be alarmed, it's normal. Now if it's real severe , it will swell and bleed. if it's bumps, its normal, but can be improved by keeping dry. antibiotics will clear it up, but then you are dealing with a weakened immune system when the meds are done. Add a spoon of yogurt to one meal daily.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Raven had some bully acne for a bit. I would clean up her face and then wipe it with Witch Hazel on a pad. Took a bit of time but it cleared up and never came back. Good luck. Seems like they have a teenage spell like a human child.

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Loki used to have puppy acne too! His would get really bad to th we point of bleeding in a matter of hours. We clean his face all the time but it wasn't good enough apparently. We ended up bringing him in and he was put on prednisone for a few day and whala it was gone. We also changed out his drool rag every day and that too did the job.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
One thing to keep in mind is the first thing that a bully touches anything with, is their chin. When your bully is done drinking, dry the chin. This helps, just by keeping it dry. Bullys do typically go through a teenage stage with acne. don't be alarmed, it's normal. Now if it's real severe , it will swell and bleed. if it's bumps, its normal, but can be improved by keeping dry. antibiotics will clear it up, but then you are dealing with a weakened immune system when the meds are done. Add a spoon of yogurt to one meal daily.
ROCK SOLID Gold advice.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
One thing we found was when Bacon was playing during his teenage/acne period he would end up popping the pimples on the carpet down stairs because it's a high traffic carpet and he would be rubbing his chin on it. A warm water compress for a few seconds and he would be back bouncing all over the place and wouldn't be bleeding anymore.

adamslater

Dec 6, 2012
Sudbury, ON
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Winston has this problem as well. I wipe his face after he drinks now and clean his face every night before he goes to bed. I have been using this gel product that has been working wonders....not sure if you can get it in the states. It's called Nature's Aid and it works on many other skin issues and irritations. Best of luck!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.