Tear stains.

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Stockton, California, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
What do you guys use for tear stains.?? I bought him a liquid to clean his but I don't see much of a difference. After he gets a bath they do look lighter but still there. Can I get rid of the, or are we stuck with them. Help me

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
What do you guys use for tear stains.?? I bought him a liquid to clean his but I don't see much of a difference. After he gets a bath they do look lighter but still there. Can I get rid of the, or are we stuck with them. Help me

Keep them clean and dry and put Desetine on them about twice a week, just a dab, and don't get too close to the eyes.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I use malecetic ultra for stubborn tear stains but use very sparingly, as its pretty strong stuff.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Beautiful Berry

Apr 28, 2013
Melbourne
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Berry R.I.P
Berry used to have tears but my vet told me to make sure none of her eye lashes were going under her eye lids. I just wiped her eyes everyday then the tears stopped. and the wetness dried up. Took a bit of time to get her used to getting her eyes cleaned but was worth it as im sure she is more comfortable.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I had problems with tear stains up until I found the right food. Since I got them onto the Fromm and got the protein source right I've never had to worry about tear stains!!

EBDR35

Oct 4, 2011
Tylan powder will get rid of tearstains. Order it online. Give your bully a 1/4 teaspoon on their food twice a day.

Agreed, this does wonders, in about 2 months or less all my bullys stains were gone. and shes 99% white! good stuff. you can put it in there water too.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I'm sure you are feeding the best so apart from the food as an issue you have gotten good advice which is typical in this forum. Ace with the one white side of face around the eye had the stains as well. I wiped it clean every day and was looking for something to work. His all cleared up and the maltese as well who are notorious for tear staining, with the change in kibble. First Fromm and now Whole Earth Farms and Fromm. His became better with the change and is now tear stain free and has been for several weeks.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well i find the right food keeps sarahs away but there is a remedy in a thread in the health section but here is what is says. ive not tried it but you may want to

1. Filter water - Purified water. Daily
2. Chlorhexidine 3% pads> first time in the morning and cotton pads to dry it
3. Desitin after Chlorhexidine
4. Apple Cider Vinegar with a cotton pad at night
5. Desitin before bed :p

OP
ZeusCsmommy

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Stockton, California, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
well i find the right food keeps sarahs away but there is a remedy in a thread in the health section but here is what is says. ive not tried it but you may want to

1. Filter water - Purified water. Daily
2. Chlorhexidine 3% pads> first time in the morning and cotton pads to dry it
3. Desitin after Chlorhexidine
4. Apple Cider Vinegar with a cotton pad at night
5. Desitin before bed :p
thanks. Do u know if I can get the chlorhexidine pads at the petstore. Ugh I wish I could book mark things on here.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
thanks. Do u know if I can get the chlorhexidine pads at the petstore. Ugh I wish I could book mark things on here.
i believe he was talking about duoxo pads and i usually have to order them. you can find them on amazon or i order mine from entirelypets.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

You can actually! Click thread tools, on the top edge of the first post in the thread, then click subscribe to this thread. Then it will always be on your settings page :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.