anyone else have a bully with this type of tail? Very difficult to clean... any suggestions

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
It is possible to have no pocket depending on the tail type .
Im attaching a picture of dukes tail- like I said no pocket, duchess on the other hand has a small pocket but a different tail type also- I don't have a pic handy of we tail

Ok, I will just keep cleaning under her tail as always n hope I'm doing all of it! Lol

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Emma has a very tight tail and it has a sharp bend right at the beginning of it that curves directly into her tail pocket. You'll notice that the section of her tail goes off to the side and her bum hole shows. She can't her tail at all because of the bend but she tries and sometimes the part that goes off to the side will move. When I first tried to check her tail pocket when she was little I wasn't aware how tight it was. She yelped and I backed off. I've learned how to clean her now (which luckily for her she stays really clean and dry there). I go in at the side with my index finger and I sorta scoop the tip of my finger in a curving motion and gently press down on her back end and I continue light pressure keeping my finger curved and slide it to the other side. This allows me to get in there without hurting her. When I had her spayed I had her vet give her a good check as I was a bit concerned as she got older and her tail grew that it would cause some problems for her. So far so good though. Emma doesn't like it either but she's learned to tolerate it and lets me get in there.

Here's Emma's tail that I just took.
image.jpg

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Also, when I bathe here I do so in the bathtub. I put the the shower head setting on a power section to rinse her out well. Don't want any shampoo to be left behind.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Bacon has a tail pocket that is under his tail, we wipe it out with baby wipes ever once in awhile and if it ever gets irritated we use witch hazel in there so there is no moisture left behind.
550394_10150986373426979_2053955144_n.jpgphoto7.jpg

Members online

No members online now.