Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: anyone else have a bully with this type of tail? Very difficult to clean... any suggestions

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: anyone else have a bully with this type of tail? Very difficult to clean... any suggestions

Oh wow, the poor thing!!

"Hit me baby one more time!" 4WHLN's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: anyone else have a bully with this type of tail? Very difficult to clean... any suggestions

Um question...... I've looked and watched the video. Do all EBD have this pocket? I can't find it on Dooley. Is it possible he does not have one?

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Winston's tail is looped like that too... I'm a little worried now! Ugh...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bluesteelapd View Post
    @GoldenRod Seriously, there are NO stupid questions and please don't ever feel embarrassed!!!
    The "tail pocket" is the area around their tails. Their tails are kinda like "inny" belly buttons, there's an area inside where their tail is that accumulates fur and can get infected because its such a tight area. You have to clean that area out with wipes and pull the fur out. Believe me, you want to make sure you do this because it can get infected and not only stink to high heaven but also can get so bad surgery is needed. Does this help at all? I have to use two fingers to get in there to pull the fur out, its a very tight enclosure.

Ok...I still feel stupid. I don't see or feel a pocket? This is Brie's tail..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg  

Bulldog(s) Names
    Jenna
    Likes (Received)

Jenna also has a tail pocket...she's not thrilled but does tolerate cleaning...i use baby wipes, then pads with witch hazel and will put some destin in the pocket if she seems itchy...seems to work for her...if you have trouble getting in the pocket good maybe a q-tip would work

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duchess
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lisabear123 View Post
    Ok...I still feel stupid. I don't see or feel a pocket? This is Brie's tail..
    It is possible to have no pocket depending on the tail type .
    Im attaching a picture of dukes tail- like I said no pocket, duchess on the other hand has a small pocket but a different tail type also- I don't have a pic handy of we tail
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg  

Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scueva View Post
    It is possible to have no pocket depending on the tail type .
    Im attaching a picture of dukes tail- like I said no pocket, duchess on the other hand has a small pocket but a different tail type also- I don't have a pic handy of we tail
    Ok, I will just keep cleaning under her tail as always n hope I'm doing all of it! Lol

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Little miss Maggie View Post
    i found the video... thanks for posting... it helped me to know that what I've been doing is correct. Thanks again.
    Ahhh... help I can't find the video?!!

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Emma has a very tight tail and it has a sharp bend right at the beginning of it that curves directly into her tail pocket. You'll notice that the section of her tail goes off to the side and her bum hole shows. She can't her tail at all because of the bend but she tries and sometimes the part that goes off to the side will move. When I first tried to check her tail pocket when she was little I wasn't aware how tight it was. She yelped and I backed off. I've learned how to clean her now (which luckily for her she stays really clean and dry there). I go in at the side with my index finger and I sorta scoop the tip of my finger in a curving motion and gently press down on her back end and I continue light pressure keeping my finger curved and slide it to the other side. This allows me to get in there without hurting her. When I had her spayed I had her vet give her a good check as I was a bit concerned as she got older and her tail grew that it would cause some problems for her. So far so good though. Emma doesn't like it either but she's learned to tolerate it and lets me get in there.

Here's Emma's tail that I just took.
    -image-jpg
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Also, when I bathe here I do so in the bathtub. I put the the shower head setting on a power section to rinse her out well. Don't want any shampoo to be left behind.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Bacon has a tail pocket that is under his tail, we wipe it out with baby wipes ever once in awhile and if it ever gets irritated we use witch hazel in there so there is no moisture left behind.
    -550394_10150986373426979_2053955144_n-jpg-photo7-jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads