ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I really have seen a difference in Mabel's belly since starting to use Malaket wipes. Unfortunately I don't have a before picture, but can tell you all that one side of her belly was completely black and scaly when we got her. I remember how excited I was when the pink and the spots started showing up. I plan on photo documenting the progress. The Malaket wipes still turn black when I clean her skin, so I know there is still improvement.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
That's great news! I've used Malaket wipes in the past for Tate's yeasty facial skin folds. So glad Mabel's getting better :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Is that painful for her?

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=7749]ChrisRN[/MENTION], have you used Pharmaseb shampoo? It is an anti-fungal yeast shampoo from the vets office. I have used it for years but recently Vegas had a staff infection and I had to bath him every 2 days with the shampoo. Vegas was also on an antibiotic for the staff. The shampoo dosent really lather that good but you rub it in, let it set for about 10 min. then rinse. Really works for his itchy skin and smells good and leaves his coat soft too!

OP
ChrisRN

ChrisRN

Jan 10, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Is that painful for her?

It doesn't appear to bother her. It has just caused a horrible discoloration and rough, pebbled or scaly skin. The skin is now smooth and the color is coming back.

@ChrisRN, have you used Pharmaseb shampoo? It is an anti-fungal yeast shampoo from the vets office. I have used it for years but recently Vegas had a staff infection and I had to bath him every 2 days with the shampoo. Vegas was also on an antibiotic for the staff. The shampoo dosent really lather that good but you rub it in, let it set for about 10 min. then rinse. Really works for his itchy skin and smells good and leaves his coat soft too!

We use a shampoo that is similar, called KetoChlor. It works the same way. We use it once a week. I think the combination has really helped, but I think the Malaket wipes have had the biggest impact.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That's great progress! Since it is fungal did you ever try ketaconzole (sp?) pills on her?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
ChrisRN

ChrisRN

Jan 10, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
That's great progress! Since it is fungal did you ever try ketaconzole (sp?) pills on her?

She took ketoconazole after our first visit to the bulldog vet, right after we got her. It was one of the many drugs she was on! As of two weeks ago we're trying no meds--just Respiratory Support from Carolina Pet Pantry, good food (still searching for the right one), supplements for skin and coat, fresh air, and a little exercise. She seems so much better, with more energy. Her expression is brighter and she is more alert--even jumped on the couch by herself yesterday!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
She took ketoconazole after our first visit to the bulldog vet, right after we got her. It was one of the many drugs she was on! As of two weeks ago we're trying no meds--just Respiratory Support from Carolina Pet Pantry, good food (still searching for the right one), supplements for skin and coat, fresh air, and a little exercise. She seems so much better, with more energy. Her expression is brighter and she is more alert--even jumped on the couch by herself yesterday!

That's fantastic! Looking forward to the next update :2thumbs:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.