Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Princess Fiona: handle with care!!!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Princess Fiona: handle with care!!!

To keep wrinkles and tail pockets clean, I use the witch hazel pads. Its a natural astringent so you don't have to worry about drying the area afterwards!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Princess Fiona
    Likes (Received)

This year has been a roller coaster ride for me and my family. My wife and I were expecting another child, but we lost the baby at 2 months. During this last couple of months I havent been as active on here or reading as much as I should. Due to the recent events and general life events IE: stress at work, and my stupid GOUT flares (horrible medical conditions that feels like nails going through your feet). I have to confess that alot of the general care of my princess has fallen on my spouse. Neither I or my spouse has ever had a dog of our own and princes is our first as you all may have read. I feel horrible, since yeasterday when I finally got around to trying out the ACV wash there were alot of things I didnt notice and thougt my wife was paying attention too. I FEEL LIKE A BAD OWNER, Princess tail pocket is losing hair, and there is a spot where there no hair at all.. one of her wrink folds on her nose rob is also losing hair. I am starting to panick and I am SO MAD at myself. My poor princess, this is all due to my lack of attention to detail lately. I feel like the last couple of weeks I have been in zombie mode, and worst my poor dog is being neglected. I have decided to put myself on a strict schedule to make up for my lack of care.

Please helpe me come up with a good schedule so I can tend to my precious Bully.

This is my schedule and wife schedule

6am wake up let her outside to do her business and feed her (she is kept in a enclosed 5 by 5 cage because my family has alot of herbs growning in the backyard)
    7am-5pm my wifes gets up and bring her back in the house and lets her out side ever few hours

5pm i get home i let her out for dinner, and then usually i play fetch with her

I Feel really uneducated maybe I am doing things wrong. I used to give her baths every other day so these issues would have never surface, but i stop doing this because i read too much bath was bad for her. But now i jsut wipe her behind with wipes and her wrinkle with wipes. But again i have been neglecting my duties due to personal health issues and a busy scheduel and my wife has been doing these things... *SIGH* SO BUM OUT

Should i be wiping her wrinkles every single day? or only when she gets wet from the sprinkler system when we play fetch?

should i be wiping her butt/tail pocket every day?

I may end up going back to the bath every other day, it seem that she was so much healthier and didnt have these issues.

any suggestion are welcome and appreciated.

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Oh Honey, wish I was there right now to give you & wife a BIG HUGE HUG
    and a butt scratching for Fiona.

Please accept my sincerest condolences for the loss of your precious baby,
    I'm so sorry...I can't imagine the strength it's taking you & wife to get up
    every day and function at all.

You are doing the very best you can, please forgive yourself for letting some
    things slide a little. My bullies (I've had 2) have both gotten the same issues
    as this, it happens to all of us. She will be just fine and the hair will come back.
    Many on here will have helpful suggestions on a routine for her care.

I just want to send prayers of love, comfort, strength & HEALING your way.
    For you and all your family, please come here often and let us support you.
    We all need that so very much, EBN is family and we care about you...GOD bless!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Princess Fiona
    Likes (Received)

Thank you for your kind words,

Update: my wife took princess the the vet and she has a infection in her tail pocket, and the vet says she may need to have surgery. If the treatment doesnt work, I thought we were doing a good job of keeping her tail pocket clean, but apparently we werent going far enough in. So she prescribe an spray and sometype of Seal and heal (looks like glue). I was at work so I couldnt get the answer I wanted. Should I continue to use Tucks wipe still? or should i stop untill the infection is heal. I know that the witch hazel tuck pad stains a little becaus she complains about it. Google says it okay and even may aid open wounds and etc.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Princess Fiona
    Likes (Received)

Update: So i have been diligently cleaning her tail pocket 3 times a every day since i last posted. It seems that her tail pocket is getting better but it hasnt heal completely? but it does look alot better then before. I have also started to use ACV to rinse her after baths and she smells alot better (thanks fellow EB Owneres).

And i think she starting to go in to her first heat cycle as her vulva is getting puffy, and she was trying to show her butt to one of sister in law little dogg when we visited. I am a bit worried because i read that she may bleed and be misreable. So far she hasnt change any of her fun happy habits, of running around and play with her toys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads