Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
No cologne as ours don't smell that bad. Wal-Mart does sell a waterless shampoo that smells pretty good you can use. Just spray on and wipe off. Our handler turned us onto it, as she will use it at shows. It's called " Wags & Wiggles waterless shampoo" in a red spray bottle and it has a raspberry scent.

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Diesel don't smell either but my wife bought ( pet head ) from our local vets. These do come with a warning however with fragrances like Caramel or strawberry short cake every-time he walks past I feel hungry.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I did use a rub on leave on conditioner it had a nice oatmeal smell but it played havoc with my hayfever so I stopped using it.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
These do come with a warning however with fragrances like Caramel or strawberry short cake every-time he walks past I feel hungry.

That's funny!! :ROFL:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
You can get the spray or the wipes as others have mentioned.

If its an "outside" smell you don't like then maybe try wiping their paws when they come back in

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
I asked the question to rule out yeast, because we don't want to just cover up the smell. Bully's can be little yeast factories. Stinky paws or musty smelling ears can be a sign of yeast overgrowth. If it is just dog smell good luck with the girlfriend.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
No, mainly the "outside" smell, my wife has a miniature schnauzer that smells realy bad from the outside

That may just be because of the type of hair/fur..... they need to be groomed, right - taken for haircut? if yes, next time in ask your groomer for suggestions

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I have had a spa scent that I've used on Mabel and our other dogs, but very sparingly. I usually spray lightly on my hands and then just run them once down her coat.

Most Reactions