Wrinkle/tail pocket care questions

PsychoPixie

Feb 16, 2013
U.P of MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Eloise M.Wigglebottom
So, Im wondering how often is enough? Once a day, twice a day, after they eat, drink, ect. I keep reading diffrent things, so Im curious as to what is best for a new baby. I dont want to over do it and dry out her skin lol
And I apologize for all the questions. New mommy jitters lol

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Wrinkles don't need cleaning everyday if they're dry. Emma and Wilson tend to be on moist side on their wrinkles at times. And when they are then I just wipe them off. There's no real set rule of thumb, just depends on the bully. The tail pocket generally will stay clean. Both Wilson and Emma's do. I do check them them periodically as a safety measure to make sure it's all clean. Also, when you bath them always get in their with a cotton ball and get it dry. During the summertime Wilson is in his pool every day and multiple times. He even goes into at night and just sits. I always dry the tail pocket, don't matter how many times I need to do it.

Here's a wonderful article to read that talks all about wrinkles, yeast and tail pockets. The last video is 10 minutes but please be sure to watch it all. It's be best one I've seen that talks about yeast. :)

You're little one is a cutie.

The Proper Way to Clean Ears Nose Ropes Folds Paws Tail Pockets and Vulva

Last edited:

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
Wrinkles don't need cleaning everyday if they're dry. Emma and Wilson tend to be on moist side on their wrinkles at times. And when they are then I just wipe them off. There's no real set rule of thumb, just depends on the bully. The tail pocket generally will stay clean. Both Wilson and Emma's do. I do check them them periodically as a safety measure to make sure it's all clean. Also, when you bath them always get in their with a cotton ball and get it dry. During the summertime Wilson is in his pool every day and multiple times. He even goes into at night and just sits. I always dry the tail pocket, don't matter how many times I need to do it.

Here's a wonderful article to read that talks all about wrinkles, yeast and tail pockets. The last video is 10 minutes but please be sure to watch it all. It's be best one I've seen that talks about yeast. :)

You're little one is a cutie.

The Proper Way to Clean Ears Nose Ropes Folds Paws Tail Pockets and Vulva

Omg! ! What great videos :thumbup::thumbup::D:D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
No I missed it I'll have to go back and look for more....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

OP
PsychoPixie

PsychoPixie

Feb 16, 2013
U.P of MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Eloise M.Wigglebottom
Thank you =) Im watching them right now.
Its safe to start on a baby bully right away (8/9 weeks) right?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.