Shedding, shedding, shedding! Make it STOP!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Mine shed lots as well, I can make a new dog out of the hair once a week. Lol. On Wednesdays we vacuum, sweep and Swiffer the floors, and on Sundays we vacuum, sweep, Swiffer, and damp mop. It's never ending.

mandals0810

Aug 27, 2014
Mississippi
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sassy
my baby Sassy is 4 months old and shedding like crazy also. Where can I find salmon oil? And what type of supplement do ya'll recommend?

MARY BARNES

Aug 27, 2013
Country
CANADA
Bulldog(s) Names
ELLIE 2013-2017....Rocky RIP (2005-2013)
My first Bully was all white ...he shed all over too, I think It's shedding time....I super love your bully ...Tilly ..

Bella and Dozers Dad

Community Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Clayton, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dozer and Koda

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Grizzly salmon oil and Nuvet good? Or Grizzly Pollock and nuvet?

Both are good but you have to see which works best for your bulldog. Also tag how much as you don’t want to over do it due to mercury levels in the fish oils.

Maybe give a few times a week but not every day. I’ll try to find an article about it and place link here... it was on Dr. Becker’s website

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darnett

Dec 9, 2018
Kentucky
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly
Both are good but you have to see which works best for your bulldog. Also tag how much as you don’t want to over do it due to mercury levels in the fish oils.

Maybe give a few times a week but not every day. I’ll try to find an article about it and place link here... it was on Dr. Becker’s website

Thank you so much. I had been reading alot between the two after this post. Some even recommended alternating salmon and Pollock.

I love this group. So helpful and caring. Cant say it enough lol

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey

You can give fish oil from capsules meant for humans- squid oil or krill oil is probably safest- just open it up- usual dose is 300mg EPA/DHA per 30 pounds per day. Supplement with Vitamin E once a week if using fish oil.
You can also give a fatty fish like mackerel at least once a week.
You can also try hemp seed oil if you aren't feeding chicken or other poultry, https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/5-reasons-to-use-hemp-oil-for-dogs/

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
What is the amount of salmon oil to give a 55 lb dog?
Most of the bottles, if for pets, will give dosage, but what type are you using, capsule or liquid?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.