Shedding, shedding, shedding! Make it STOP!

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
We switched him from crappy food to NutriSource Lamb and he loves it. He was having problems with grains, beef and poultry along with grass and other pollens. He also take fish oil and probiotics :eek:) We haven't had the panel done but have kind narrowed his allergies as they pop up :eek:) For the first year we didn't have any problems then after that it has been one thing after another with his allergies

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
They are def blowing their coat! Winston is becoming a mini dalmatian again his coat is getting thinner so you can see all of his little spots again! :luv: We brush him with the kong zoom groom to try to keep it under control but I still feel like I am vacuuming non stop!! Black area rugs with a white bulldog, what was I thinking?!! lol

I've got a long haired white & beige cat that LOVES to lay on anything black...
she's obsessed. Wayyyyy back when, we exchanged our fabric furniture for
leather and bought area rugs to match the animals.

Sell those black rugs and get light colored ones, maybe patterned...GOD bless!

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We switched him from crappy food to NutriSource Lamb and he loves it. He was having problems with grains, beef and poultry along with grass and other pollens. He also take fish oil and probiotics :eek:) We haven't had the panel done but have kind narrowed his allergies as they pop up :eek:) For the first year we didn't have any problems then after that it has been one thing after another with his allergies

Do you use the 'spot on' pest control on him. I just read an interesting article about
allergic reactions to them if dog is allergic to ragweed or chysanthumums since pyrethrims
are made from them. People w/ragweed allergies can react from these used on dogs
and petting them.

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Do you use the 'spot on' pest control on him. I just read an interesting article about
allergic reactions to them if dog is allergic to ragweed or chysanthumums since pyrethrims
are made from them. People w/ragweed allergies can react from these used on dogs
and petting them.

We actually don't use any of the pest drops I guess is the best way to say it. We generally only use a flea and tick collar on him

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We actually don't use any of the pest drops I guess is the best way to say it. We generally only use a flea and tick collar on him

That can cause the same reactions and/or other skin issues.

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
My two are shedding now, Loulou is just about done and Sarge is full blown. Ya just gotta deal with it. Its hard to keep up with it but it will stop for awhile till it starts again. If their healthy and happy thats all that matters.

MoandPinky

Jun 27, 2013
Country
India
Bulldog(s) Names
Moey & Pinky
I find brushing Moey outside first thing in the morning and then again in the evening prevents a lot of the hair getting into the house. Salmon oil has also made a big difference with her skin which has prevented further shedding when her skin is irritated. I also bought one of those combs (rather expensive abt $100 in India) but they do remove the lose hair a lot better than the normal brushes and as I said the regular brushing is good for the poochies but helps with the hair dropping in the house as well.

frankthetank

Jul 4, 2013
Panama City, Panama
Country
Panama
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus (2002-2013), Frank 2 years old
My baby Frank of 15 weeks is also shedding a lot. If you see him against the light, he has tiny bald spots along the line from his neck all through the rim of the back. I though it was because we have been combing him 3 times a day and maybe its too much and now we only comb him once a day but the shedding is still going on. Any ideas? Would Salmon Oil be ok for him at this stage?

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
My baby Frank of 15 weeks is also shedding a lot. If you see him against the light, he has tiny bald spots along the line from his neck all through the rim of the back. I though it was because we have been combing him 3 times a day and maybe its too much and now we only comb him once a day but the shedding is still going on. Any ideas? Would Salmon Oil be ok for him at this stage?

Yes we have been giving Bacon salmon oil and ACV since he was a pup.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Thank you @Baconator ! The ACV, how much? you put it in the water or in the food?

Sorry for the delayed response, we put two cap-fulls on a piece of rice cake, he doesn't like the taste of it in his food and he primarily eats ice cubes vs drinking water so that is why we do it that way. You can give it to them however they will take it.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
[MENTION=8416]sunnyrn36[/MENTION] that is the same salmon oil we used originally, the one [MENTION=9252]frankthetank[/MENTION] posted, and it has the amount of pumps per pound on the bottle. We use generic salmon oil pills now and he gets two a day.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.