Shedding, shedding, shedding! Make it STOP!

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
Any tips to stop shedding? It's been crazy here lately. I don't know if it's the age (8 months) or the time of year, but I'm surprised Tilly isn't just running around naked at this point.

I have the Defurminator, which I love, but it doesn't seem to help the white hair ABSOLUTELY EVERYWHERE anyway!:cursing:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Tilly may be blowing her coat, they do this twice a year. And the rest of the year they shed. Lol

Something that really helps is salmon oil, and a supplement seems to also help. But most of all duct tape can take it off your clothes before leaving the house :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
not for everybody, but two weeks ago when I started raw feeding, all 5 of mine stopped shedding within 48 hours

OP
hnhammond

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
not for everybody, but two weeks ago when I started raw feeding, all 5 of mine stopped shedding within 48 hours

Thank you both! I've never heard that result from raw feeding?! That is crazy. Is that a common outcome? (Btw Sherry, I cannot get over the little sausages in your picture. So precious!)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Thank you both! I've never heard that result from raw feeding?! That is crazy. Is that a common outcome? (Btw Sherry, I cannot get over the little sausages in your picture. So precious!)

Little sausages :ROFL2:

I didn't count on them to stop shedding that fast, but that was one of the first effect's of the diet change, that and hardly drank any water the first two days

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
Petunia seems to shed a lot sometimes and other times, NADA. Go figure.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yap, it's that time of year, they are blowing their coat. Just be glad you don't have 6 in the house. Hair everywhere, the vacuum is getting a work out for sure.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
The other thing that works great to get hair off of your clothes is those stick on fedex sleeves, you put your hand in them like a glove and use the sticky side on anything including the couches. Bonus if you work at an office fedex provides them for free.

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
The other thing that works great to get hair off of your clothes is those stick on fedex sleeves, you put your hand in them like a glove and use the sticky side on anything including the couches. Bonus if you work at an office fedex provides them for free.

Don't think i have ever seen one:confused:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Tilly may be blowing her coat, they do this twice a year. And the rest of the year they shed. Lol

Something that really helps is salmon oil, and a supplement seems to also help. But most of all duct tape can take it off your clothes before leaving the house :D

Agreed. Mine are back on Salmon oil and even tho it's "that time of year", it's improved the RELENTLESS shedding a TON. I really do notice a BIG difference.

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Is it safe to add salmon oil to by 16 wk old pups kibble and how much should I give him a day?

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
My guy is really bad for shedding all year round. I have found the zoom groom is great along with Furminator solution that goes on like conditioner after shampooing. Leave on for 5 minutes, work in really well and rinse. We get shedding relief for about 2 weeks and then time to do it again. It also makes his coat to feel so soft.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2

Yes, Mac seems to "blow is coat" twice a year also. Just happens to be that each "blow" lasts for about oh, say, 6 months each!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.