Jan 17, 2013
Houston
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Briley
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361813145.196108.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361813154.601661.jpg
I found this a month or so ago while at the pet store, and decided to give it a try. Well it works great, so I thought I'd share! I got this because Briley's hair always just stuck on top of his fur, it never would shed completely off (if that makes sense) it would just seem to come out, and stay on the surface of his other fur. Thus, covering me in that hair. I always found myself lint rolling him to get that top hair off of him. And when I came across this, I had to give it a try. The name was something like reusable lint roller, or pet lint roller, or something like that. Can't remember the brand tho.
Picture 1 shows the actual grooming part, you go with the fur, but against the material on the roller (one way is smooth, and the other way you can tell your going against the fibers of it.) and when you see fur on it, you twist the knob at the top and it brings it around and empties the hair in a back compartment. Picture 2 is the back compartment that the fur empties into, and when your done you open it up and empty it out. There's also little rubber things on the sides that loosen the fur (kinda like the zoom groom does)
Anyways, sorry for the long explanation and I hope it made sense.
I use this every few days or every week depending on his shedding and it has worked really great for me! I find that the furminator we have doesn't get the top hairs and just leaves more behind, so this would probably also work for after using the furminator to get all those hairs left behind.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
What's it called? I have a zoom groom and a love glove or mit or whatever its called and just ordered the furminator. It doesn't matter how much I brush ace with the zoom groom and the mit, there is always more. I brush and then rub to shake the hair out. I made the mistake of brushing Ace one day while wearing sweat pants. What a mess. Ace sheds more than I expected, I don't know what is normal and have wondered if he has an allergy or something that makes him shed more. But like I said, I don't really know what would be a normal amount

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Cool, thanks for the info. Does it work well on your cloths too? We use the Zoom Groom and it works pretty well. Plus, lets see the rest of the tat on your arm. What I can see of it, it looks nice.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
That does sound interesting! Thanks for sharing! I'll watch for it when I go make my PetSmart trip. I brush the dogs every morning but have to do it outside because it flies everywhere. If it has that catcher thing, I can brush the dogs indoors and not have to worry about rainy days.

OP
brileythebully

brileythebully

Jan 17, 2013
Houston
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Briley
What's it called? I have a zoom groom and a love glove or mit or whatever its called and just ordered the furminator. It doesn't matter how much I brush ace with the zoom groom and the mit, there is always more. I brush and then rub to shake the hair out. I made the mistake of brushing Ace one day while wearing sweat pants. What a mess. Ace sheds more than I expected, I don't know what is normal and have wondered if he has an allergy or something that makes him shed more. But like I said, I don't really know what would be a normal amount

I cant remember exactly what its called, but I got it at petco in the grooming isle. Excessive shedding is one sign of allergies, does he show any other allergies?
I make the mistake of wearing yoga pants while grooming!!! I feel your pain!

OP
brileythebully

brileythebully

Jan 17, 2013
Houston
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Briley
Cool, thanks for the info. Does it work well on your cloths too? We use the Zoom Groom and it works pretty well. Plus, lets see the rest of the tat on your arm. What I can see of it, it looks nice.

Not sure about the clothes, I believe it said that on packing though. I just use a normal lint roller on myself.
Here is that particular tattoo.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361844053.528883.jpg

OP
brileythebully

brileythebully

Jan 17, 2013
Houston
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Briley
That does sound interesting! Thanks for sharing! I'll watch for it when I go make my PetSmart trip. I brush the dogs every morning but have to do it outside because it flies everywhere. If it has that catcher thing, I can brush the dogs indoors and not have to worry about rainy days.

I got it at petco, but I'm sure pet smart has something similar. I do it in the house! Never a mess yet! :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=7854]brileythebully[/MENTION] nice tat, thanks

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I cant remember exactly what its called, but I got it at petco in the grooming isle. Excessive shedding is one sign of allergies, does he show any other allergies?
I make the mistake of wearing yoga pants while grooming!!! I feel your pain!
Yes he does show some signs of allergies. I don't know if its food related or enviromental. Sometimes when we come in after outside and he has rolled around in the yard and belly crawled his stomach and inside thighs will be a bit pink to reddish. I wipe that part off with a warm damp cloth or baby wipe. Saturday we bathed him with T-Gel which has pine tar in it and that seemed to help.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Sorry, meant to say T-Gel with coal tar not pine tar. Other than the redness he seems to scratch a bit much. I think he does have some enviromental allergies but may have some food as well.

OP
brileythebully

brileythebully

Jan 17, 2013
Houston
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Briley
Yes he does show some signs of allergies. I don't know if its food related or enviromental. Sometimes when we come in after outside and he has rolled around in the yard and belly crawled his stomach and inside thighs will be a bit pink to reddish. I wipe that part off with a warm damp cloth or baby wipe. Saturday we bathed him with T-Gel which has pine tar in it and that seemed to help.

I am not the best with understanding if it is food or environmental, I just know the signs. The itching and redness does sound like an allergy, and because it happens after being outdoors it seems environmental. You can give Benadryl to help. 1mg per 1lb body weight.
If it is food, it will show more often than just after coming in from outdoors.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.