Cleaning Ears/Belly/Private Parts..

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
Hey guys! how's everyone doing? I have some questions, hopefully you guys can help me out..

What is the best way to clean my bullies ear? I have some cotton balls and ACV ready.. ( i see a lil bit of wax in them..
When I shower my bully, can I use the shampoo our her private parts, and her belly - ?
Also When she poops, After it can I clean her butt - With a regular unscented wipes?

What is a good comb for a bully? I was planning to take her to Petsmart and get her all nice and groomed up ..

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Ugh petsmart :mad: be very careful bringing her there I took my porky there n the next night her nose was caked with yeast :( they soaked her face n washed it with soap idt most of them know how to clean a bulldog!!!!!

I do Porkys ears once a week with witch hazel but acv should be fine!!!!!! Keep an eye on her after her baths to make sure she's not allergic to the soap if not then you should be able to wash everywhere!!!!!!!! <==== I use a lot of exclamation marks lmao I'm always very hyper ne wayz I use a........cat slicker on porky lol she likes it n I vacuum her with my upholstery attachment!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
For the ears you can use a baby wipe and just get in there and wipe around, be sure to dry it with a cotton ball afterward. Or you can use Witch Hazel on a cotton ball to clean.

Here's a wonderful article too that should really help you out. Since Coco's a female, please be sure to read the last video on yeast. It's probably one of the best one's I've seen so far. It's a bit long but has so much information in it.

The Proper Way to Clean Ears, Nose Ropes, Folds, Tail Pockets and Vulva

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
Ugh petsmart :mad: be very careful bringing her there I took my porky there n the next night her nose was caked with yeast :( they soaked her face n washed it with soap idt most of them know how to clean a bulldog!!!!!

I do Porkys ears once a week with witch hazel but acv should be fine!!!!!! Keep an eye on her after her baths to make sure she's not allergic to the soap if not then you should be able to wash everywhere!!!!!!!! <==== I use a lot of exclamation marks lmao I'm always very hyper ne wayz I use a........cat slicker on porky lol she likes it n I vacuum her with my upholstery attachment!!!!

Ouch, I am having doubts taking her to the Pet smart now :O.. I actually use a 2-1 shampoo/conditioner and no issues at all. So I can use the cotton balls and use with put it inside the ear with no problem right? Sorry Im just a newbie, just trying to make sure I don't harm her ear.. Just swipe the ear and remove the wax correct? :)

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
For the ears you can use a baby wipe and just get in there and wipe around, be sure to dry it with a cotton ball afterward. Or you can use Witch Hazel on a cotton ball to clean.

Here's a wonderful article too that should really help you out. Since Coco's a female, please be sure to read the last video on yeast. It's probably one of the best one's I've seen so far. It's a bit long but has so much information in it.

The Proper Way to Clean Ears, Nose Ropes, Folds, Tail Pockets and Vulva

Actually, I right now don't have unscented wipes. Can I use ACV? I actually like that video. I remember seeing that video last month. It's a great video.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Just use a tissue then. I do that quite often with Emma and Wilson. I haven't ever tried or heard of using ACV for ears before (that's new to me). But I'm still learning all kinds of things too. :up:

Yeah that video's really good. :)

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
I just used a tissue and now her ears are nice and clean. :) I just wiped n wiped n clean!. I didnt go too far, didnt want to get near her ear canal-

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
I have always taken my baby to Petsmart to get groomed. I just heard that they put them in front of a dryer that blows out cold air!? I don't want my little love to get pneumonia, so no, more baths at Petsmart!

Bulldogs are angels in fur coats

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Ouch, I am having doubts taking her to the Pet smart now :O.. I actually use a 2-1 shampoo/conditioner and no issues at all. So I can use the cotton balls and use with put it inside the ear with no problem right? Sorry Im just a newbie, just trying to make sure I don't harm her ear.. Just swipe the ear and remove the wax correct? :)

:) don't be sorry this is how we learn I can't imagine what kind of condition porky would be in if I hadn't found EBN I knew nothing at all when I got her except she was adorabull n I wanted her lol!!!!! U seem to have gotten the ear cleaning down :) lol as far as bathing how often do u give her a bath???

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
I actually give her a bath once every two weeks. Is that ok or am I over-bathing her?

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
I used to bath porky every weekend bcuz she liked to spend her camping weekends rutting in the dirt lol but I honestly don't bath her now unless she absolutely needs it for whatever reason so maybe 1 bath every 2-3 months!!!! I soak all 4 paws in Epsom salt once a week n clean the necessities every day if needed (nose rope, chin, eyes, girly parts lol) the frequency of baths differs from person to person but I'd only do it when you feel she needs it :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I use the witch hazel pads to clean ears and wrinkles and tail pockets .... I get it at walmart. The advantage with witch hazel is that it is a natural astringent so you don't have to worry about drying afterwards.

As for but wipes ... I use unscented baby wipes for sensitive skin.

And at bath times it is baby shampoo ... and for their faces I have a blueberry vanilla facial scrub that you can get at Carolina Pet Pantry! :up:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.