wrinkle and butt pocket care??

Savannah Boy

Jan 25, 2012
Brunswick, GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hudson
Hudson's daily face cleaning regimen happens first thing in the morning before he's ready to start his day. Otherwise we have a test of wills. He's had a bit of an infection under his tail pocket as a result of a new groomer didn't dry him properly, so we've had to do it twice a day for the last week. Once he climbs in bed, I hold him and the Ms. cleans his tail pocket before bed.

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Any suggestions on how to wrestle them down to clean the face ropes? Otis hates having his face claned but loves his bum cleaned.

He will bite, bite, bite the entire time when a cloth isput in front of him,,,,little bugger.

I use treats for porky we have our routine down so well that she knows b4 bed its cleaning time n sits like a good girl to get cleaned or she doesn't get her cheese stick ;) lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Irish Bully

Feb 25, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner
Amber is good at getting her bum and tail pocket cleaned. As far as the wrinkles, she thinks its wrestling time so I keep a box of supplies next to my chair and when she is good and tired in the evening laying next to me I clean her wrinkles. If I try in the morning it just becomes a battle of the wits and a game of chase. She is 15 months now so it is getting easier to do both. I bought some cloth diapers (the ones without the double padding) for cleaning her butt and tail pocket. Witch hazel and some lotrimin foot powder work great. I clean the tail pocket and shortly after use the powder to make sure no yeast grows and to also assist with the drying. Good luck.

Any advice if your puppy literally never sleeps? a couple hours at night and a while I'm at work is more than he needs/wants. He is wide awake 18-20 hours a day, sprinting around my house.

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Not trying to alarm anyone, but could he have an infection in his back area if it already smells? Our new vet, that we took Momo to last year, made a point of telling and teaching us how to clean out the divit area above her tail area. He said he's seen some nasty infections in that area and that its of the utmost importance to make sure that area is cleaned.

Hope all goes well. Thanks for coming here for help, these guys/gals are awesome!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.