wrinkle and butt pocket care??

Silastheman

Feb 6, 2013
Fleetwood PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Silas
Hello everyone, I just got my first bulldog and he has some big facial wrinkles and very deep butt pocket, he stinks in those areas and in his wrinkles,,I just need some cleaning and care advice for him..thanks in advance:D

Attachments

• 20130206_021511.jpg
    20130206_021511.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 271

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Baby wipes soaked in Witch Hazel....

Send him over to me for a few months I'll take care of him until he smells better. :whistle:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I've been using a q-tip soaked in Witch Hazel for his nose rope, and cotton balls with Witch Hazel for under his tail.
I also have the mal-a-ket wipes, but I don't like the smell.

lovemybullys

Sep 24, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
samson. and ares
Trizchlor4 wipes are awesome. I use them on face wrinkles an tail pockets they have been a life saver for me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I have just started using the Witch Hazel Wipes as a face/wrinkle cleaner and I use TUCKS Medicated Pads for cleaning the tail pocket, I use those just because if there is any discomfort the TUCKS pad has a numbing agent and it makes it less uncomfortable for my Diesel.

PapaSmurf2

Bike riding, bully loving soldier
Jan 21, 2013
Hattiesburg MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
I agree with the witch hazel for the wrinkles and tucks for the pocket. Make sure both areas are completely dry when your done. Your puppy is soooo stinking CUTE!!!!!

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I have just started using the Witch Hazel Wipes as a face/wrinkle cleaner and I use TUCKS Medicated Pads for cleaning the tail pocket, I use those just because if there is any discomfort the TUCKS pad has a numbing agent and it makes it less uncomfortable for my Diesel.

THANKS! I was wondering about Tucks pads! I'll be getting some this afternoon!

Lulu belle

Jan 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
Hello everyone, I just got my first bulldog and he has some big facial wrinkles and very deep butt pocket, he stinks in those areas and in his wrinkles,,I just need some cleaning and care advice for him..thanks in advance:D

Unscented hypoallergenic baby wipes,Douxo pads works like a miracle. Just be diligent and it will all be good. Bulldogs require a lot of maintaince and care, it could be overwhelming. Eventually it becomes part of your daily routine.

0 Comment(s)

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Any suggestions on how to wrestle them down to clean the face ropes? Otis hates having his face claned but loves his bum cleaned.

He will bite, bite, bite the entire time when a cloth isput in front of him,,,,little bugger.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Any suggestions on how to wrestle them down to clean the face ropes? Otis hates having his face claned but loves his bum cleaned.

He will bite, bite, bite the entire time when a cloth isput in front of him,,,,little bugger.

Yes, when they're sleeping. That's the only way I was able to put drops in Blues ears and wipe down his paws.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Amber is good at getting her bum and tail pocket cleaned. As far as the wrinkles, she thinks its wrestling time so I keep a box of supplies next to my chair and when she is good and tired in the evening laying next to me I clean her wrinkles. If I try in the morning it just becomes a battle of the wits and a game of chase. She is 15 months now so it is getting easier to do both. I bought some cloth diapers (the ones without the double padding) for cleaning her butt and tail pocket. Witch hazel and some lotrimin foot powder work great. I clean the tail pocket and shortly after use the powder to make sure no yeast grows and to also assist with the drying. Good luck.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps

If you start out with a dry cotton ball he may get the hang of it. Gentle and quietly

Beachsidebully

Jan 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
I also use the mal-a-ket wipes but I agree they don't smell very good and when I open it daisys smells it and takes off running

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.