Thread: wrinkle and butt pocket care??

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Priestess Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Therese Hamilton
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Amber and Ruby
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: wrinkle and butt pocket care??

Amber is good at getting her bum and tail pocket cleaned. As far as the wrinkles, she thinks its wrestling time so I keep a box of supplies next to my chair and when she is good and tired in the evening laying next to me I clean her wrinkles. If I try in the morning it just becomes a battle of the wits and a game of chase. She is 15 months now so it is getting easier to do both. I bought some cloth diapers (the ones without the double padding) for cleaning her butt and tail pocket. Witch hazel and some lotrimin foot powder work great. I clean the tail pocket and shortly after use the powder to make sure no yeast grows and to also assist with the drying. Good luck.

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LynnA View Post
    Any suggestions on how to wrestle them down to clean the face ropes? Otis hates having his face claned but loves his bum cleaned.

He will bite, bite, bite the entire time when a cloth isput in front of him,,,,little bugger.

If you start out with a dry cotton ball he may get the hang of it. Gentle and quietly
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Potty Trainer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy
    Likes (Received)

I also use the mal-a-ket wipes but I agree they don't smell very good and when I open it daisys smells it and takes off running

Pooper scooper Become a 4 Paw Member Savannah Boy's Avatar
    Real Name
    Luke Smith
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hudson
    Likes (Received)

Hudson's daily face cleaning regimen happens first thing in the morning before he's ready to start his day. Otherwise we have a test of wills. He's had a bit of an infection under his tail pocket as a result of a new groomer didn't dry him properly, so we've had to do it twice a day for the last week. Once he climbs in bed, I hold him and the Ms. cleans his tail pocket before bed.
    Hudson's dad and poop picker-upper.

Doggie Boutique Owner porkysmamma's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop aka Porky
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LynnA View Post
    Any suggestions on how to wrestle them down to clean the face ropes? Otis hates having his face claned but loves his bum cleaned.

He will bite, bite, bite the entire time when a cloth isput in front of him,,,,little bugger.
    I use treats for porky we have our routine down so well that she knows b4 bed its cleaning time n sits like a good girl to get cleaned or she doesn't get her cheese stick lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Never knew what our lives were missing until we found our princess

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gunner
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatina38 View Post
    Amber is good at getting her bum and tail pocket cleaned. As far as the wrinkles, she thinks its wrestling time so I keep a box of supplies next to my chair and when she is good and tired in the evening laying next to me I clean her wrinkles. If I try in the morning it just becomes a battle of the wits and a game of chase. She is 15 months now so it is getting easier to do both. I bought some cloth diapers (the ones without the double padding) for cleaning her butt and tail pocket. Witch hazel and some lotrimin foot powder work great. I clean the tail pocket and shortly after use the powder to make sure no yeast grows and to also assist with the drying. Good luck.
    Any advice if your puppy literally never sleeps? a couple hours at night and a while I'm at work is more than he needs/wants. He is wide awake 18-20 hours a day, sprinting around my house.

Bulldog Vet in Training bluesteelapd's Avatar
    Real Name
    ~Carmin~
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mona Lisa and Leonardo
    Likes (Received)

Not trying to alarm anyone, but could he have an infection in his back area if it already smells? Our new vet, that we took Momo to last year, made a point of telling and teaching us how to clean out the divit area above her tail area. He said he's seen some nasty infections in that area and that its of the utmost importance to make sure that area is cleaned.

Hope all goes well. Thanks for coming here for help, these guys/gals are awesome!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads