Yellowing of fur.

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
As you can see from my Avatar photo I have two white bullies. Dublin on the right, we have had since she was a puppy and Tio on the left is our new rescue. I have always used Zymox Shampoo on Dublin and she really doesn't need to be bathed that often, but when we got Tio ( he is battling staph infection) and his coat was almost pure yellow and nasty to the touch. I have given him a bath weekly using Zymox ( don't usually bathe dog that much) and now he is as white as Dublin and his coat is beautiful to the touch. Just last evening on our walk the neighbors were commenting how great he looked and how soft he is. From a distance now I can't tell who is who and less than two months ago it was easy to pick out the the "yellow dog" They also have a rinse that you apply after the shampoo. I love it and while it is anti-fungal and anti-bacterial it is very gentle. Dublin has many allergies and this is perfect for her. Good luck.

Thanks for the input

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'm not using it at the moment ... but a lot of people swear by Selsun Blue shampoo to get their bullies coats really white. It does seem to give a nice sheen to it!

I have to correct myself here. As I said I don't use Selsun Blue but somebody who has used it doesn't recommend it.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=7521]Kahnefan5[/MENTION] we feed FROMM.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
So I give duchess a bath once every week or two using an anti fungal shampoo. She's a dark reverse brindle with a white head, neck, paws. My question is do you guys having any suggestions on brightening her white fur and to keep if from getting a yellow Hugh in between baths. Lookin forward to suggestions!

I use South Barks Blueberry Facial on the white fur on both my bulldogs during bath day ... I apply it to the white fur then continue with the bath and once done shampooing I rinse completely even the blueberry facial it makes their white super bright and beautiful!
HotProductFull.jpg

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
I use South Barks Blueberry Facial on the white fur on both my bulldogs during bath day ... I apply it to the white fur then continue with the bath and once done shampooing I rinse completely even the blueberry facial it makes their white super bright and beautiful!
View attachment 36228

Thanks! I'm gonna try to find some.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Thanks for the shampoo advice guys. I know not to use people shampoo on dogs because of the difference in pH. I think Mabel may need an antifungal like she had last fall. I have a good pet shampoo here, but we'll see how she does.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Your water can also effect things. Jake has white on him too and I bathe him maybe once a month. But then only if he's been in mud or sumpin'. We use an oatmeal shampoo from petco. I would stay away from too much fragrance or poofy stuff. I go by the "less is more" for them. I do use Hibiclens diluted if jake gets any hotspots or any signs of anything out of the norm. It's an antibacterial surgical scrub..

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
You could try using 1 part Apple Cider Vinegar to 3 or 4 parts water as a final leave on rinse after you have rinsed off the shampoo.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i also have a yellowing fur issue with sarah around her neck mostly. i am bathing her in duoxo ps shampoo for the yeast issues n kenic neem/oatmeal shampoo for the rest of her. i gotta say the kenic shampoo makes all my dogs white and soft. i also have to bath sarah once a week due to yeast issues but i have been going 2 weeks now since i changes her food slightly. i also see less yellow now to so im wondering if the yellow is not a allergy issue. my bostons also get a kinda dirty look to their white fur before i got them on the right food so maybe that is whats going on here to.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.