Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 26

Thread: Yellowing of fur.

  1. #13
    Dog Groomer babybully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Veronica
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Great Lakes, North Chicago
    Posts
    513
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Yellowing of fur.

    @Scueva I bathe once a week, too and that's just how it will always be here. I have a rule, if you live in my house, you must bathe and be clean and even the guinea pig gets a bath. I fill the tub up just a little for him and in he goes! Cleo has allergies though so she has her special shampoo from the vet that we use since moving up here. This IL stuff just kills her poor thing never gets to go outside and lounge anymore. Mac always needs a bath since Cleo can't help herself in mothering him and decides to lick him down all the time. I do however, give them skin supplements in case their skin ever develops an issue with bathing and it's been great so far.

  2. #14
    Pooper scooper Kahnefan5's Avatar
    Posts
    27
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastian & Thatcher RIP--Cutter 12/01/2003-04/06/2012 & Tug 07/03/2006-07/19/2010
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Yellowing of fur.

    Quote Originally Posted by Davidh View Post
    All of our bullies have white on them and we hardy ever bath them and they don't turn yellow, so I'm at a loss at what is causing yours to turn yellow.
    Would love to know what you feed your bullies, our's are white and we have the yellowing and have to bath them weekly, we are getting ready to switch their food to Fromm's Beef, so I was curious as to what you are feeding your's :-)

  3. #15
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Dubbiedog's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ann
    Location
    Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
    Posts
    970
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dublin
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Yellowing of fur.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scueva View Post
    So I give duchess a bath once every week or two using an anti fungal shampoo. She's a dark reverse brindle with a white head, neck, paws. My question is do you guys having any suggestions on brightening her white fur and to keep if from getting a yellow Hugh in between baths. Lookin forward to suggestions!
    As you can see from my Avatar photo I have two white bullies. Dublin on the right, we have had since she was a puppy and Tio on the left is our new rescue. I have always used Zymox Shampoo on Dublin and she really doesn't need to be bathed that often, but when we got Tio ( he is battling staph infection) and his coat was almost pure yellow and nasty to the touch. I have given him a bath weekly using Zymox ( don't usually bathe dog that much) and now he is as white as Dublin and his coat is beautiful to the touch. Just last evening on our walk the neighbors were commenting how great he looked and how soft he is. From a distance now I can't tell who is who and less than two months ago it was easy to pick out the the "yellow dog" They also have a rinse that you apply after the shampoo. I love it and while it is anti-fungal and anti-bacterial it is very gentle. Dublin has many allergies and this is perfect for her. Good luck.

  4. #16
    Feed Store Operator
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    739
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duchess
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: Yellowing of fur.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dubbiedog View Post
    As you can see from my Avatar photo I have two white bullies. Dublin on the right, we have had since she was a puppy and Tio on the left is our new rescue. I have always used Zymox Shampoo on Dublin and she really doesn't need to be bathed that often, but when we got Tio ( he is battling staph infection) and his coat was almost pure yellow and nasty to the touch. I have given him a bath weekly using Zymox ( don't usually bathe dog that much) and now he is as white as Dublin and his coat is beautiful to the touch. Just last evening on our walk the neighbors were commenting how great he looked and how soft he is. From a distance now I can't tell who is who and less than two months ago it was easy to pick out the the "yellow dog" They also have a rinse that you apply after the shampoo. I love it and while it is anti-fungal and anti-bacterial it is very gentle. Dublin has many allergies and this is perfect for her. Good luck.
    Thanks for the input

  5. #17
    ..........
    Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Location
    Grafton, OHIO
    Posts
    8,746
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post

    I'm not using it at the moment ... but a lot of people swear by Selsun Blue shampoo to get their bullies coats really white. It does seem to give a nice sheen to it!

    I have to correct myself here. As I said I don't use Selsun Blue but somebody who has used it doesn't recommend it.

  6. #18
    Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Davidh's Avatar
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    13,246
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)
    1557

    Default Re: Yellowing of fur.

    @Kahnefan5 we feed FROMM.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie


  7. #19
    Pooper scooper Kahnefan5's Avatar
    Posts
    27
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastian & Thatcher RIP--Cutter 12/01/2003-04/06/2012 & Tug 07/03/2006-07/19/2010
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Yellowing of fur.

    Quote Originally Posted by Davidh View Post
    @Kahnefan5 we feed FROMM.
    Thank you David H, then we are making the right choice to switch them to Fromm

  8. #20
    Crazy Bulldog Lady Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bulldogs4me's Avatar
    Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,928
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel & Molly (R.I.P. Madison 12/2013)
    Likes (Received)
    17
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Yellowing of fur.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scueva View Post
    So I give duchess a bath once every week or two using an anti fungal shampoo. She's a dark reverse brindle with a white head, neck, paws. My question is do you guys having any suggestions on brightening her white fur and to keep if from getting a yellow Hugh in between baths. Lookin forward to suggestions!
    I use South Barks Blueberry Facial on the white fur on both my bulldogs during bath day ... I apply it to the white fur then continue with the bath and once done shampooing I rinse completely even the blueberry facial it makes their white super bright and beautiful!
    -hotproductfull-jpg
    I suffer from "M.B.S." (Multiple Bulldog Syndrome)
    because one bulldog is NEVER enough!!

  9. #21
    Feed Store Operator
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    739
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duchess
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: Yellowing of fur.

    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogs4me View Post
    I use South Barks Blueberry Facial on the white fur on both my bulldogs during bath day ... I apply it to the white fur then continue with the bath and once done shampooing I rinse completely even the blueberry facial it makes their white super bright and beautiful!
    -hotproductfull-jpg

    Thanks! I'm gonna try to find some.

  10. #22
    Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ChrisRN's Avatar
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Muskegon, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    4,779
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    1454
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Yellowing of fur.

    Thanks for the shampoo advice guys. I know not to use people shampoo on dogs because of the difference in pH. I think Mabel may need an antifungal like she had last fall. I have a good pet shampoo here, but we'll see how she does.

  11. #23
    .................
    Real Name
    Becky
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,938
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default

    Your water can also effect things. Jake has white on him too and I bathe him maybe once a month. But then only if he's been in mud or sumpin'. We use an oatmeal shampoo from petco. I would stay away from too much fragrance or poofy stuff. I go by the "less is more" for them. I do use Hibiclens diluted if jake gets any hotspots or any signs of anything out of the norm. It's an antibacterial surgical scrub..

  12. #24
    Wrinkle Wiper KelseyandAtticus's Avatar
    Location
    Athens, West Virginia, United States
    Posts
    121
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Atticus
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    Old faithful plain original blue dawn works the same as selsan blue without the ph issues....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •