Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I keep reading about ACV so I grabbed some last time I was at the store but I'm not sure how to use it ... is it for topical use or do I have them ingest in? Diesel has a tear stain on one side of his face that I can't get rid of and it really bothers me so do I just apply it to his tear stain or do I have to dilute it first? Any help will be appreciated!!!

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
I dont use it for tear stains, but for yeast problems, and its 1 part ACV 1 part Hydrogen Peroxide and 2 - 3 parts warm water

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, you can actually use it for both internal and external. I add about a tablespoon or a glub to their drinking water everyday, it has a lot of benefits, it's good for the breath, for killing bacteria in the body, inflammation and joints, and it boosts the immune system. I haven't used it for tear stains, but it is a great rinse after a bath, shampoo dog as usual with shampoo , then use 1 part apple cider vinegar to 5 parts water , you can also add lemon juice if you want and rinse the coat from the neck down, do not pour on head. Do not rinse this off , and just dry as usual. It makes the coat softer, and brighter, and they smell really nice after. There is a really good article on this site called the benefits of apple cider vinegar, it is either on the Nutrition forum, or on EBN News Articles

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i have started adding it to my gangs water. i just put a teaspoon in their water bowl for now to get them used to it then i guess i will add more to test. you can use it externally but not on tear stains its for yeast externally really. also some here use filtered water to help with the tear stains. sometimes it does sometimes not. i think some here use duoxo pads on them and some witch hazel.

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
I don't know how to link other posts lol but [MENTION=7596]lucybaby[/MENTION] made a paste for tear stains and it made a huge difference in her baby girl :) so maybe she can give you her expertise!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I keep reading about ACV so I grabbed some last time I was at the store but I'm not sure how to use it ... is it for topical use or do I have them ingest in? Diesel has a tear stain on one side of his face that I can't get rid of and it really bothers me so do I just apply it to his tear stain or do I have to dilute it first? Any help will be appreciated!!!

You can do both. I made a blog post about ACV a few months ago but I don't remember it having anything to do with tear stains

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/blogs/twice/279-apple-cider-vinegar.html

PsychoPixie

Feb 16, 2013
U.P of MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Eloise M.Wigglebottom
My sister is really big into holistic care, and she told me to make sure its the Apple cider vinegar with the mother (aka pulp) I have talked to a few people and they all conferm that its better than just plain apple cider vinegar.
Good luck and let me know how it works. I bought some for Eloise when I get her lol

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
I put a tablespoon right in Bogeys food at night. He doesn't mind it. He's not a big drinker so I couldn't put it in his water. I also use it for bath rinse 1 part acv to 3 parts water. What a beautiful sheen it adds to his coat!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.