Stinky furbabies with bad tear stains!!!!

kristier25

Dec 25, 2012
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Bentley
Good Morning to you all,

Bentley and Tank have really been stinky for the last few months. No matter how much a bathed them, they would still stink really bad. Its to the point that my house STINKS!!! I can't deal with that. The boys bedding stinks. Anything they come in contact with stinks. The tear stains are awful also. So I found some very good information here once I joined. They :poo: about 2 or 3 times a day. But after reading some of the information on here I realized that the stinkiness is just the beginning. I know that when they pass gas and :poo: its not going to smell like roses but theirs can clear a room, a house and a city...:lmaogirl: I also catch them stratching a lot. They are on holistic select which I thought was a pretty good food. I think it is a 3 on the food rating list. There eyes are watery sometimes which adds more to the tear stains. The white part of the eye is a dingy color. They do see a vet who is familiar with the breed. One of the vets actually breeds bulldogs. So take them I ask to only see him. Bentley was given some medicine for his yeasty face and feet. His nose rope and thousands of face wrinkles where RED. He has taken the meds but their is no change. Sssssooooooooo.....:unsure::pray::excited:

A change is coming for them. After some research :reading: on here I decided to use petflow and order them so Fromms beef fritta food since it is not carried at any of my local pet food stores. The closest store is an hour away. They are also going to get some Fromms dog treats. I will start the change over as soon as the food gets delivered. I know to do that slowly ( about 10 days) and I going to add a little pumpkin to it help the transition. I use refresh eye drops in there eyes. I have created an awesome medicine cabinet for them based off the different things I found on EBN. They are drinking purified water and I will start using apple cider vinegar.

Hopefully, this will make them feel so much better. I just want them to be healthy and happy. I got the happy part. Now to make sure they are as healthy as can be. The wealth of knowledge and information that I found here has helped take better care of my furbabies. I love this group:angelheart::heartsign:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
When you find the right food, everything will change for the better! Farts, stink, face, itching -- all of it.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Good Morning to you all,

Bentley and Tank have really been stinky for the last few months. No matter how much a bathed them, they would still stink really bad. Its to the point that my house STINKS!!! I can't deal with that. The boys bedding stinks. Anything they come in contact with stinks. The tear stains are awful also. So I found some very good information here once I joined. They :poo: about 2 or 3 times a day. But after reading some of the information on here I realized that the stinkiness is just the beginning. I know that when they pass gas and :poo: its not going to smell like roses but theirs can clear a room, a house and a city...:lmaogirl: I also catch them stratching a lot. They are on holistic select which I thought was a pretty good food. I think it is a 3 on the food rating list. There eyes are watery sometimes which adds more to the tear stains. The white part of the eye is a dingy color. They do see a vet who is familiar with the breed. One of the vets actually breeds bulldogs. So take them I ask to only see him. Bentley was given some medicine for his yeasty face and feet. His nose rope and thousands of face wrinkles where RED. He has taken the meds but their is no change. Sssssooooooooo.....:unsure::pray::excited:

A change is coming for them. After some research :reading: on here I decided to use petflow and order them so Fromms beef fritta food since it is not carried at any of my local pet food stores. The closest store is an hour away. They are also going to get some Fromms dog treats. I will start the change over as soon as the food gets delivered. I know to do that slowly ( about 10 days) and I going to add a little pumpkin to it help the transition. I use refresh eye drops in there eyes. I have created an awesome medicine cabinet for them based off the different things I found on EBN. They are drinking purified water and I will start using apple cider vinegar.

Hopefully, this will make them feel so much better. I just want them to be healthy and happy. I got the happy part. Now to make sure they are as healthy as can be. The wealth of knowledge and information that I found here has helped take better care of my furbabies. I love this group:angelheart::heartsign:
Perfect!!! you get a huge :judges: you learn well Grasshopper , you shall not be denied

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wow this is awesome! Ease keep us up to date on how everything goes!! Sounds like you have a bit of a battle ahead. I would also recommend pharmaseb shampoo to help kill that smell, it's most likely yeast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
You have certainly done your homework!! I have learned on EBN that a a whole bunch of problems are diet related. And I don't think most vets are well educated about all the nuances of bulldog nutrition and how it can affect health. They may be well meaning but trust the foods they carry in their clinic although they may not be right for everyone. So much is trial and error. I think you are going to see a positive change soon. Let us know how how everything goes.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Good luck, hope all goes well and things get better soon ... I just switched over to Fromm also, I'm feeding the Game Bird and so far my 2 are doing really well and they get really excited for meal time :)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I hope the transition works well. I know it did for HRH. She went from being pretty stinky only a week after a bath to not needing a bath more than monthly once she was fully transitioned to the Fromm.
We don't feed separate treats anymore though. Just give the beef frittata as a treat. It works for us and then we don't have other possible allergens to worry about. It seemed she was always allergic to something in other treats we would try.

Like [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] suggested I concur that you should get some permaseb shampoo to aid in getting rid of the yeast. And while it can be a good idea, go light on the pumpkin. Fromm has been known to make some bullies poo's very firm.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
This is great news .... I do hope the Fromm works well for them!!! Don't forget to take some BEFORE pics, and also keep in mind that it will take almost 30 days for the old food to truly get out of their system!!!

:bravo:

mom of 5

Jul 26, 2011
Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Gucci & Louie
My female bully smells bad as well. My male is fine, but his breathe is stinky! I feed them both Fromm Surf and Turf. My female has runny eyes (male as well w/eye boogers), and my female is always itching. Could it be the food too?

lapforbulldogs

Jan 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Raisin and Churchill
Mom of 5 If your dog's breath is stinky,I have to ask are you brushing his teeth? A trip to the vet might be in order to see if some of the teeth have too much tarter? My mom's pom has horrid breath and I keep taking her to my vet for teeth cleaning and sadly removal. I think there may be other reasons for bad breath, but I am having a senior moment and can't think of any:blush2:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Sounds like you're on your way to stink free, happy bullies!

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
Woo Hoo keep us updated :thumbup:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.