Another tear stain post.... Don't kill me!

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
So I read through countless threads and I am going to try the peroxide paste mixture. Just have a couple quick questions. From what I read you mix cornstarch and peroxide and apply to stains let dry and wipe clean. Has anyone used baking soda with peroxide? Also it says to keep away from eyes. Well she also has mild stains on her upper and lower eyelid around the lashes. If this isn't suppose to be near eyes what do you guys suggest for close proximity to eyes? Also I know it's not die she is on raw and has been for about 5-6 months with amazing results. The stains stem from a couple months ago when I tried to incorporate fruits and veggies into the raw and I gave her a yeast Infection due to too much sugar. She went from no tear stains to waking up in the morning with dark nasty stains. Shortly after she developed an eye infection so since I read the stain mixture wasn't suppose to be super close to the eye I held off untill the eye infection cleared up. Well now it's time to tackle these stubborn stains. Any pointers and advice are always appreciated! Thanks!

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I wouldn't even bother with a paste. I just used peroxide on a cotton ball....wipe around the eyes and use a gentle "scrubbing" type motion over the tops of the stains. Sometimes it takes about a month to make the stains completely dissapear but at least you don't have to bother with making your bully all pasted up! :)

I had an elderly bully that I had adopted with some really dark stains...took awhile but that's all we did to clear it up.

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
I wouldn't even bother with a paste. I just used peroxide on a cotton ball....wipe around the eyes and use a gentle "scrubbing" type motion over the tops of the stains. Sometimes it takes about a month to make the stains completely dissapear but at least you don't have to bother with making your bully all pasted up! :)

I had an elderly bully that I had adopted with some really dark stains...took awhile but that's all we did to clear it up.

Is it just normal peroxide like the peroxide u add to bleach hair :-o ?

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Just plain old hydrogen peroxide. The stuff you find in the first aid aisle.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.