Dry nose....

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Hey guys weather is pretty dry by me and I was wondering what do you guys use to moisturize your bully's nose???? I have mushers paw wax, could I use that for her nose? Chapstick or Vaseline?

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I use Aquaphor Healing Ointment, it works really well, when their nose is really dry I apply it twice a day and within about 3 days it is nice and moist again

I also just got this product 100_1027.jpg100_1029.jpg so far it seems to work well, it stays on even after they rub and roll to get it off LOL

Last edited:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Here, Aquaphor is found at the drug store with the baby products. Works very well and is no where near the price of the products marketed for dogs.

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Thanks guys. I'm gonna look for the snout stick as she licks everything aswell.

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hey guys weather is pretty dry by me and I was wondering what do you guys use to moisturize your bully's nose???? I have mushers paw wax, could I use that for her nose? Chapstick or Vaseline?

Hello,

There are lots of products that work well on a dry nose. You KNOW your bulldog has a tongue that can lick their nose...right? So what ever you use needs to be "edible" ?

Do you know what the USDA and F&D has to say about "petrolatum" products?
http://1.usa.gov/11jjQIK

Read about the myths and facts about 100% "petrolatum" product and use?
http://bit.ly/10i52eh

Using a medicated chapstick/lip balm product or a less than 100% petrolatum product is probably not safe ?

My opinions..

I look forward to yours..

Good Day~

Last edited:

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi,

After doing more research, I found someone who suggested "Abonne" ? While I am not a user and only quickly looked at the product line, I didn't see anything that looked safe to use on the nose, which cuz of the the long tongue could easily be licked off and ingested?

This is where I looked for products: Arbonne

This is a warning site about the ingredients"
http://bit.ly/XnaqHi

maybe the snout stick is better?

Good Day~

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
[MENTION=1869]ABEBD[/MENTION] thanks for the input. I'm gonna research the snout stick and see what I find. I didn't think letting her lick Vaseline could be good.

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Hello,

Which is the better of two choices: Vaseline which is 100% petrolan ( and which the USDA/FDA say is safe for ingestion) or the snoutstick (which has some funky ingredients also? ; Shea Butter, Sweet Almond Oil and Jojoba Seed Oil )

The shea butter is edible which used in cooking. Almond oil seems safe also. And Jojoba seed oil is also safe.

So...which is cheaper?

Good Day~

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
I tried vaseline when Mack's allergies were out of control, he licked it right off. But I was thinking about trying coconut oil since I have it on hand for his skin anyways and its edible

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
I use Nose Butter for dogs. The stuff is awesome, and it is available on Etsy. Search for the name, or fine PiperStoneArtwork. :)

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
We used Coconut oil for Hershey's dry nose, I rubbed it in, and he did lick it off, but I think after a few times, enough got on / in and its back to normal. Its the same coconut oil you can ad to their food :)

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
We use vaseline too and after a few attempts enough soaks in to do the job. I do like Rick's idea with the coconut oil though.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.