Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop aka Porky
    Likes (Received)

Default Home mani pedis

So I've bought nail clippers for dogs porky runs n hides, dremel forget it she's upstairs under the bed b4 I even turn it on, pedi paws is her new toy n she attacks it plus it doesn't work!!!!!! The one thing I can clip her nails with my foot works toenail clippers wth lol I seriously think its because she sees me using mine (I sell Avon so I have like 12 pairs lol) n when I'm in the bathroom doing it she watches me intently!!!!!! N she also lets me file her nails with the nail file I bought her!!!!! So ill do a nail here n there when needed but haven't caved yet n done all of them grr but every other week driving 40 minutes n spending $20 to do her nails is getting a little rough so imma start doing it myself !!!! Three paws have black nails the other paw has white so I'm not worried about that paw but I need advice on cutting the black nails n remember I'm using human clippers since I can't get near her with any others n her vets trick doesn't work with us!!!!!!! They distract her with treats n the girl goes through n snip snip snip, we try that n she runs lol she's a spaz!!!!! But yeah any angel advice or ways to get her to let me use doggy clippers???? N preemptively what do I do if I hit the quick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Never knew what our lives were missing until we found our princess

Dog Groomer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Home mani pedis

Man. your vet charges a lot to clip nails. Mine is under 10 bucks but if I get a bath or almost anything else, it's free.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I agree.... 20 bucks is expensive. Our vet is free of charge during appointments, under 10 any other time, but Petco is only $10.00
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Doggie Boutique Owner porkysmamma's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop aka Porky
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by linwhite View Post
    Man. your vet charges a lot to clip nails. Mine is under 10 bucks but if I get a bath or almost anything else, it's free.
    I know but I refuse to take her to petco for it n her vet does a great job it's just dang I could get her a lot of toys with the $$ I'd save

Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop aka Porky
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    I agree.... 20 bucks is expensive. Our vet is free of charge during appointments, under 10 any other time, but Petco is only $10.00
    Petco n I have had some words in the past lol I am not allowed to bring porky in for any grooming lol

Pooper scooper Become a 4 Paw Member Savannah Boy's Avatar
    Real Name
    Luke Smith
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hudson
    Likes (Received)

We've been doing Hudson's nails with a Dremel. He wigged out the first time, so we left it laying around so he could get used to it. He still doesn't like it, but he tolerates it.
    Hudson's dad and poop picker-upper.

Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop aka Porky
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Savannah Boy View Post
    We've been doing Hudson's nails with a Dremel. He wigged out the first time, so we left it laying around so he could get used to it. He still doesn't like it, but he tolerates it.
    I asked her vet to teach me and she did so we do it at home now n she's reallllllllyyy good about it just sits there while I clip n file lol the look is like "mommmmmmm just do it n hurry lol"

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Mabel seems to like the Dremel. She sleeps while I do her nails!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg  
    Last edited by ChrisRN; 03-23-2013 at 05:55 PM.

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

ugh yea I have to work on getting Bacon used to the dremel, the clippers we have are not working as well as I would like, he keeps breaking nails.

Real Name
    Alison
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunk
    Likes (Received)

I was cosidering getting a dremal, in an effort to save $$, will any work? Any tips on how to start with out drama? Oh, and must I syart with clippers or can I knock them all out with the power tool? sorrry if that's alot, I've just never done Chunk's.... or any non-humans nails before :/

Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop aka Porky
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by truffle shuffle View Post
    I was cosidering getting a dremal, in an effort to save $$, will any work? Any tips on how to start with out drama? Oh, and must I syart with clippers or can I knock them all out with the power tool? sorrry if that's alot, I've just never done Chunk's.... or any non-humans nails before :/
    I can't help with that porky is terrified of the dremal lol we even have pedi paws n nope she runs n hides!!!!

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Ashley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruin & Lilly
    Likes (Received)

I've finally just given up on doing Bruin & Lilly's nails myself. They wiggle and squirm, then I get upset and my energy doesn't help at all. If they see any object in my hand and I reach for their paws, they're outta there. I was bringing them to the vet for $22 EACH. Yup $22, AND 30 min each way. Sounds a lot like your situation. I decided last week to give Petco down the street another chance, I sooo didn't feel like driving to the vet and dishing out $22. Surprisingly the girl was very good AND Bruin was good. I should have got her name and times she works, stupid me! My only problem that i've come across with petco and petsmart is that they put them up on the table with only one person working on them. While the person is working on one side, bruin or lilly is moving to the other side of the table (to get away from the dremel) and all I can picture is them falling off with that stupid 'noose' around their neck The girl that did it came around the front and did it right on the floor for me. Petco was $15 for me @2BullyMama yours is $10...for some reason I thought they had the same pricing everywhere. Unless maybe its 10 for nail clipping and 15 for grind???

Which this brings me to a question.....is it customary to tip the groomers for nail clipping/grinding?? What do you all do? I wouldn't think it would be at a 'big box' store like petco....oooorrr maybe I'm just cheap That could be it.
    "The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads