Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Home mani pedis

Quote Originally Posted by LillyNBruin View Post
    I've finally just given up on doing Bruin & Lilly's nails myself. They wiggle and squirm, then I get upset and my energy doesn't help at all. If they see any object in my hand and I reach for their paws, they're outta there. I was bringing them to the vet for $22 EACH. Yup $22, AND 30 min each way. Sounds a lot like your situation. I decided last week to give Petco down the street another chance, I sooo didn't feel like driving to the vet and dishing out $22. Surprisingly the girl was very good AND Bruin was good. I should have got her name and times she works, stupid me! My only problem that i've come across with petco and petsmart is that they put them up on the table with only one person working on them. While the person is working on one side, bruin or lilly is moving to the other side of the table (to get away from the dremel) and all I can picture is them falling off with that stupid 'noose' around their neck The girl that did it came around the front and did it right on the floor for me. Petco was $15 for me @2BullyMama yours is $10...for some reason I thought they had the same pricing everywhere. Unless maybe its 10 for nail clipping and 15 for grind???

Which this brings me to a question.....is it customary to tip the groomers for nail clipping/grinding?? What do you all do? I wouldn't think it would be at a 'big box' store like petco....oooorrr maybe I'm just cheap That could be it.

When we are at the vet for any other reason, they will clip no charge, but if we schedule just for a clip it is $20 each. We take them to the Petco just for a clip, no grind (although the girl does grind them for us).... which is why only $10. If we asked for the grind I am sure it would be the $15. Yes, I do tip her... usually 3 or 4 bucks.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Ashley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruin & Lilly
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    When we are at the vet for any other reason, they will clip no charge, but if we schedule just for a clip it is $20 each. We take them to the Petco just for a clip, no grind (although the girl does grind them for us).... which is why only $10. If we asked for the grind I am sure it would be the $15. Yes, I do tip her... usually 3 or 4 bucks.

Good to know.... When I go again for Lilly I'll have to double up on the tip. I don't feel bad for not tipping for my other experiences since they were highly upsetting to me. Is that the norm? Putting already frightened dogs up on the table (raised at its full height) with only one person. It must be since it happened at both companies.
    Last edited by Lucy-licious; 03-30-2013 at 10:58 AM.
    "The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LillyNBruin View Post
    Good to know.... When I go again for Lilly I'll have to double up on the tip. I don't feel bad for not tipping for my other experiences since they were highly upsetting to me. Is that the norm? Putting already frightened dogs up on the table (raised at its full height) with only one person. It must be since it happened at both companies.
    Yes, sorry I missed that in your post. It is standard procedure for them to do that with the table/noose -- I went to the same girl up till a few weeks agao, she got fired for always being late So, now I go to the manager, got her schedule and only go to her now. Banks has issues with her back paws (very sensitive) as soon as I told her, she sat on the floor and did her nails there, but it really was not necessary. Cheli is real good, he hates it, but he just freezes in place and will not move. Banks is fine on the table, she actully sits the whole time, they usually have to get her to stand up so they can do the back paws.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Pooper scooper Become a 4 Paw Member Savannah Boy's Avatar
    Real Name
    Luke Smith
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hudson
    Likes (Received)

When we do Hudson's nails, we work on each nail for 2-3 seconds, then go to the next one on the same paw. More than 2-3 seconds and they get hot. We just keep rotating nails until they're done, then we move to the next paw.
    Hudson's dad and poop picker-upper.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads