hello!!! tear stain help

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
I'm desperate as well. I'm going to try the angel eyes stuff.

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
I'm desperate as well. I'm going to try the angel eyes stuff.

Oh, the problem with white dogs! Matilda's tear stains aren't bad yet so I never used it, but my parents use the Angel Eyes stuff on their Maltese, and it works wonders! And that dog gets REALLY bad tear stains with the long fur and huge eyes!

A

Alaskasmom1

Talk to Lisa aka Desertskybulldogs. She cured a 3 yr long problem for us in a week with her advice!
Before- tank
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357184905.727058.jpg
After-tank
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357184948.800016.jpg

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Mine was just a matter of changing her food to a no grain beef base kibble. Izzy's face is also white and hers cleared out within a week after we switched her food.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I would start with the food first and see if that helps. Also if they are teething then that can cause tear stains in puppies.

malaviKat

Jun 15, 2011
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
We have never really had too much of a problem with tear stains but I made sure to put Chance on a high quality grain free kibble without dyes very early on. I've read that the dyes will sometimes secrete via mucous membranes. When I did notice his eyes tearing excessively, I used a paste of cornstarch and hydrogen peroxide in his folds. It helped keep things dry and cleared up whatever minor staining I was seeing.

tanito00

Aug 20, 2012
Northern Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
I've used NaturVet tear stain remover and it has worked wonders. Ellie had really bad tear stains cause i didnt take care of them properly but with these pills they went away and now I treat them accordingly and havent had them back fora while. This brand is about 8 dollars cheaper then angel eyes and come in these horse pills that look like treats so your pup can easily eat them. very good product but not many people here have used. It work for Ellie.

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Oh, the problem with white dogs! Matilda's tear stains aren't bad yet so I never used it, but my parents use the Angel Eyes stuff on their Maltese, and it works wonders! And that dog gets REALLY bad tear stains with the long fur and huge eyes!

We've tried a a few things to get rid of them, even have Remi on a better food, grain free. His nose and eyes run just from walking in the park, so diet is totally not a factor here.

A

Alaskasmom1

Diet wasn't a factor with my dogs either. Had them on Taste of The Wild their whole lives. But, I do have to saw, the raw diet we have them on now helps some.

Wrangler

Jul 17, 2012
O H I O
Bulldog(s) Names
Linus
Wendy if its eyelashes don't let it go for too long. Entropian can damage the eyes permanently if not corrected.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.