Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
:mad: I am so tired of buying new nail clippers that just don't work or dull too fast ... my most recent pair are Top Paw large breed clippers on sale for $15 ... hopefully they will be good clippers, stay sharp and work on thick nails ... I guess time will tell?

What type & brand of clippers do you use? Do they last for a long time?

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Of all the years I've been doing my dogs' nails I have to say the pair that I have now has been the best. Conair Yellow Dog Nail Clippers I've had the top paw brand before and have replaced several of those due to dullness. I've been using this Conair pair now for about 1.5 years, as well as using a dremel. I had their puppy clippers too and used those on all three of mine when they were pups.

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Of all the years I've been doing my dogs' nails I have to say the pair that I have now has been the best. Conair Yellow Dog Nail Clippers I've had the top paw brand before and have replaced several of those due to dullness. I've been using this Conair pair now for about 1.5 years, as well as using a dremel. I had their puppy clippers too and used those on all three of mine when they were pups.

Just found them online ... for way less ... going to order them! thank you!!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Let me know how you like them. I was hesitant at first only because they were made by "conair" the blow dryer but I've been really impressed. The Top Paw's always rusted on me too. I got mine at Murdoch's (it's a ranch/feed store).

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
I have the Miller's Forge Big Dog Nail clippers - the ones with the orange handle. I have found these to be the best out of the ones I have. The previous ones came from the pet store - Top Dog or something, Furminator clippers and some others. I made sure to get one without a nail guard because that was nothing but trouble. These are really sharp and cut well.

767c.jpg

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I need to look into the conair one! So far I haven't cut Lola's nails! I pay to have them done because she cries so bad!

malaviKat

Jun 15, 2011
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
I use a dremel (4.8V cordless from Dremel). FYI, don't be stupid like me and buy the "pet" one through petsmart. The same model through Amazon or a hardware store is much cheaper. :p

Chance was fine as a puppy when I dremeled his nails. Now it's a fun workout for the whole family. LOL

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
I need to look into the conair one! So far I haven't cut Lola's nails! I pay to have them done because she cries so bad!

How much does it cost to get them cut? I have petco and petsmart as will as a private groomer called dog n scrubs all within a few miles...been meaning to call just never remember and end up doing it ourselves, well daddy does...

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
We used Petsmart a couple years ago and it was $17. We have since changed to doing them ourselves with a Dremel . Better job and you can pay for the dremel pretty quick with what you save. Princess Gracie isn't happy about it but doesn't fight us very hard.

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] - I got them and I really like them, they are comfortable to hold, I have small hands so sometimes it's difficult to hold some I've tried in the past and cut really well!!! Thank you for telling me about them they are making nail day less of a pain in the backside :)

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] - I got them and I really like them, they are comfortable to hold, I have small hands so sometimes it's difficult to hold some I've tried in the past and cut really well!!! Thank you for telling me about them they are making nail day less of a pain in the backside :)
Oh that's so good to hear. I just used mine yesterday and they're as sharp as they were the first day. And that's with doing 3 of them every two weeks. Glad you like them. :2thumbs:

Last edited:

PenelopeRosebud

Sep 26, 2012
Coquitlam, BC
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Rosebud & Bulldozer Bawss
Thanks for this thread. We bought the Martha Stewart clippers from PetSmart. They look nice but kinda crappy to use. I don't think they were sharp to begin with. I too will try to find the Conair as per [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=6201]PenelopeRosebud[/MENTION], I got mine at a ranch store (Murdock's). I first bought the puppy ones for Wilson but wasn't sure at first how'd good they'd be since they were made by "Conair" the maker of blow dryers. But I liked the look and the grip on them. Then I bought the adult size. Guess I've had the same pair for about 1.5 years now, give or take. :up:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.