JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Ok go easy on me but I told @BIJAH that I would get a video of how I do Wilson and Emma's nails. I had to take the video myself for parts of both of them got clipped off, no pun intended, lol. I'll get Wilson's to you all later as it's still uploading and I don't feel like waiting.

Here's Emma's. She's only 7.5 months but is doing pretty good so far.

Next trim I'll have someone hold the camera to get a better quality video and will add it to the our article: http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...06-Nail-Clipping-Dremel-What-you-need-to-know

[MENTION=5370]Englishbully13[/MENTION], you may like to see this too.

Video.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh she is getting so big! Great video!

Sent from my iPod touch using

DesertBum

Sep 11, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Xena
This was very helpful to see :2thumbs: Now I just have to figure out how to get Xena to be still so I can try this without having to resort to sedatives for the both of us.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you so much for this, Wilson is so funny how he has to be in the frame!! TOO cute! This is the one issue we have with Buster right now. When he was going to class we would take him every other week to the groomer to have his nails ground but the last time we took him the regular guy wasn't there and the girl that did it as we watched had him on the floor and could not keep him still and she had long hair and all Buster wanted to do was to play with her hair. We bought a dremel to try it out and did try Saturday but he would have no part of it. I'm going to try this approach you did here. I love how you have them lay on their back while you do the front nails. I think with treats this will work. Thank YOU for the video! They are both dolls! :)

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
This was very helpful to see :2thumbs: Now I just have to figure out how to get Xena to be still so I can try this without having to resort to sedatives for the both of us.
Just keep at it. It took me months for Wilson and I kid you not, he falls asleep now. Emma not so much but she's so much better.

Thank you so much for this, Wilson is so funny how he has to be in the frame!! TOO cute! This is the one issue we have with Buster right now. When he was going to class we would take him every other week to the groomer to have his nails ground but the last time we took him the regular guy wasn't there and the girl that did it as we watched had him on the floor and could not keep him still and she had long hair and all Buster wanted to do was to play with her hair. We bought a dremel to try it out and did try Saturday but he would have no part of it. I'm going to try this approach you did here. I love how you have them lay on their back while you do the front nails. I think with treats this will work. Thank YOU for the video! They are both dolls! :)
Wilson is Mr. Curious and has to always be right there no matter what's going on he has to inspect. Plus he like to eat the nail clippings. lol I had to start with Emma on my lap. They'll get used to the dremel you just have to be semi quick with it and just do it. It takes them a while to get used to it. I'm still wrestling with Emma toward the end. I put my hair up in a ponytail (she should have too!!!). Dogs don't need other things in their way, they got enough going on with the clipping. I'll never ever take mine to the the groomer for their nails and never ever Petsmart or Petco. I've seen and heard too many bad stories.

Another way you can try to do sit on a stair if you have stairs and put them over your lap and then do the back feet. They can't get up when they're hanging 10. :)

I'll try to get a video in another week or so with Wilson on his back and an updated one of Emma for you both.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]-Ok so after watching this video I think I need to make an appointment with you! Do you paint nails also? If so add that to the appointment too please!

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]-Ok so after watching this video I think I need to make an appointment with you! Do you paint nails also? If so add that to the appointment too please!
As a matter of fact I do. :laugh: I did Emma and my toenails both purple last summer to match our boat. :ROFL: I just deleted the pics this past weekend too....dohhhhhh :bang:

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
@JeanieCO-ok Lola and lucy will need to be scheduled every two weeks for a mani and pedi thank you!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online