Toronto English Bulldog Meet Up

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Is that just her nature or did a privious fight make her like that?

I got her as a rescue at 7 years old, but she's blind in one eye that has a lot of scar tissue and bulges out, and one ear is shrivelled and down, so she was definitely attacked by other dogs when she was younger.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I got her as a rescue at 7 years old, but she's blind in one eye that has a lot of scar tissue and bulges out, and one ear is shrivelled and down, so she was definitely attacked by other dogs when she was younger.

Poor girl,,, no wonder she wants to attack first. Still scary for you for sure, but understandable. I felt so bad for my shih Tzu as she was the sweetest thing alive, and I depended on her so much, but it became difficult once she had been attacked, so I understand. :(

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Had to rehome Dolly, my English bulldog, as Honey and her would not stop fighting, and Honey was getting hurt quite badly as her jaws are a lot smaller, and she's a lot older.I felt very bad.
IMG-20170902-WA0002.jpg
WP_20170526_17_39_52_Pro.jpgIMG-20170106-WA0001.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
It's hard to tell how Honey is feeling - my air conditioner has been broken the last couple of weeks so she has been just lying down from the heat I think. She seems a bit down, but she has scars all over body from fights with Dolly so you would think she would feel relieved. But maybe Dolly was good company when they weren't fighting. Dolly has a great home, stay at home mom there with her all day, and children past toddler stage. I'm a little worried since they have a kitten, but so far they are getting along.

Enercare ( the company I have a service contract with ) has come 3 times to fix it. The first time they said it was iced up and couldn't examine it, the second time they said they had to send a different guy for a leak test, the third time the leak test guy said it needed parts both inside furnace and outside house. So they are coming on Thursday for 4th visit.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It's hard to tell how Honey is feeling - my air conditioner has been broken the last couple of weeks so she has been just lying down from the heat I think. She seems a bit down, but she has scars all over body from fights with Dolly so you would think she would feel relieved. But maybe Dolly was good company when they weren't fighting. Dolly has a great home, stay at home mom there with her all day, and children past toddler stage. I'm a little worried since they have a kitten, but so far they are getting along.

Enercare ( the company I have a service contract with ) has come 3 times to fix it. The first time they said it was iced up and couldn't examine it, the second time they said they had to send a different guy for a leak test, the third time the leak test guy said it needed parts both inside furnace and outside house. So they are coming on Thursday for 4th visit.

UGH on the HVAC! I hope 4th time is the charm.

Keep us posted on Honey... hoping she isn't depressed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
UGH on the HVAC! I hope 4th time is the charm.

Keep us posted on Honey... hoping she isn't depressed

Honey always looks depressed, since she has one eye bulging out and one ear hanging down, from some awful fight that happened before I rescued her. The only time she looks happy is when I try to take her for a walk, and if she's being lazy and doesn't want to be dragged around on leash, she lies down and rolls around on back, and opens her mouth and grins at me.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Here's a pic of Honey lying down when I'm trying to walk her past my driveway, and her laughing at me:
IMG-20171008-WA0002.jpg

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey always looks depressed, since she has one eye bulging out and one ear hanging down, from some awful fight that happened before I rescued her. The only time she looks happy is when I try to take her for a walk, and if she's being lazy and doesn't want to be dragged around on leash, she lies down and rolls around on back, and opens her mouth and grins at me.

Maybe this only dog time might be what she needs... such a rough life she had-- happy she is with you and gets awesome live and care

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Although we love bullies, to a lot of people they are just commodities. Vet told me that based on mud (scars) on back of her legs, she had been caged most of her life, and probably bred many times based on her nipple appearance. When I first got her, she had ear infection, whipworm infection, huge oral tumour that looked like a tongue, and hadn't been spayed although she was about 7 years old and in fact had been recently bred. She still sits down and stares ahead most of day as if looking through bars.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I absolutely know you did the right thing for all. It would be so awful to always be on guard (you and them) but a home is suppose to be peaceful as possible, and you are doing your best to have it that way for the love of your dogs. It sounds like Dolly has a wonderful home, and now you can concentrate on Honey and figure it from there. It's always a shame when two of anything arent comparable, but mabie in time you'll be able to welcome one that gets along with your Honey. For some reason, even i feel relieved after hearing of dear Honey's past, that she can now be free from that. It will make walks easier as well and you can concentrate on her easier. Anyway, glad for your solution,, and all the best.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Although we love bullies, to a lot of people they are just commodities. Vet told me that based on mud (scars) on back of her legs, she had been caged most of her life, and probably bred many times based on her nipple appearance. When I first got her, she had ear infection, whipworm infection, huge oral tumour that looked like a tongue, and hadn't been spayed although she was about 7 years old and in fact had been recently bred. She still sits down and stares ahead most of day as if looking through bars.

So heartbreaking to know she had such a horrible life before you

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online