Help need a bca member

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
Hi so I have been trying to join the bulldog club of america and the Kentuckians bulldog club which is the bulldog club in Kentucky which is where I am from but I have to have a sponsor but I have no idea how to find one I have looked and looked for events in my area where I could meet bca members but can't seem to find any so does anyone have any ideas ??????

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Sorry to post with no answers but,,,,, very interesting that you need a sponsor to join... Hope someone else has some answers.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] might have insight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=17222]Chevysmom[/MENTION] I know you want to show-so it may be a requirement to join. Can't help with that,but those clubs are usually political bullsh* whether it be horses mules, donkeys,or dogs. Backbiting,jealousy. I have been in them all,and they are all the same-just replace the animal! But I do wish you luck in whatever you want to do!

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
@Chevysmom I know you want to show-so it may be a requirement to join. Can't help with that,but those clubs are usually political bullsh* whether it be horses mules, donkeys,or dogs. Backbiting,jealousy. I have been in them all,and they are all the same-just replace the animal! But I do wish you luck in whatever you want to do!

I agree! I've never seen such horrible behavior when I was a member of a kennel club. You shouldn't need to be a member to show, but your dog must be registered with the AKC. Does your breeder show their dogs? They can probably help you. I can't imagine needing a sponsor to join, but it's possibly because there are so many disreputable breeders of bulldogs.

OP
Chevysmom

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
No I don't think my breeder has ever shown his dogs hebsays its more drama than its worth I just wanted to take my Chevy once just to see if he even placed and if it was even something I might want to do

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
No I don't think my breeder has ever shown his dogs hebsays its more drama than its worth I just wanted to take my Chevy once just to see if he even placed and if it was even something I might want to do

I think if you keep the right attitude it could be a blast.... I always showed my dogs/mutts/ whatever I had at the time while growing up.. I never entered a show (well, because they were mutts lol) but I would teach each and every one to 'stand' correctly, trot around th yard or house with me, and If I had been able to enter the ring, I would have been very proud at whatever the outcome... Get a kick out of it, and stay out of the yucky part if ya can... enjoy :)

OP
Chevysmom

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
That's what I think it is what u make of it and as long as u have fun and don't take it to serious it would b a blast and as long as u don't become one of those uptight ppl prancing there dog around secretly cussing it under ur breath because it got side tracked looking at idk what gets there attention everything I guess and accidentally missed a step I just want to have fun with my pup n see what other ppl think of him

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
That's what I think it is what u make of it and as long as u have fun and don't take it to serious it would b a blast and as long as u don't become one of those uptight ppl prancing there dog around secretly cussing it under ur breath because it got side tracked looking at idk what gets there attention everything I guess and accidentally missed a step I just want to have fun with my pup n see what other ppl think of him

I surely agree :) I could have never shown just because of types of people there are to deal with, but if you can,,, all the power to ya! And!!! what really fun is agility! I didn't find snoots in that one... Dogs LOVE it and it's so good for their minds and bodies ..(.though you may have a lazy pup) and don't start too early as it can be rough on their joints and stuff.. Obedience is another fun one... I never entered anything, but I had shih tzus that excelled in the agility... I was too anxiety ridden/shy etc to go into the ring but ohhhhhh how I loved to practice...

OP
Chevysmom

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
Me and Chevy r training in obidence now because he is anything but lazy and I try to channel his explosive energy into something positive so he doesn't get him self into trouble as he often does when he gets board but he is still a pup n has the attention span of a nat and he is very bully so he only wants to do it when he wants to lol but we have a few commands down pat like sit ,down,paw,stand we r working on heel now but that is proving to be tough but now someday he may get a little older and get better with his commands and that may be just the thing for us

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=17222]Chevysmom[/MENTION] you do not need to be a member of any club to show your bully. Some clubs are very political, and some members are very clicky. I am a member of the Bulldog Club of Texas, everyone there is so friendly and helpful. Also a Member of The Bulldog Club of America, and The French Bulldog Club of America. Both clubs have some political people, but for the most part most are very helpful and friendly. I wouldn't worry about joining right now especially if you are not breeding. If you still want to then find out when and where the Kentuckians bulldog club meets and if you can got to the meetings and meet everyone. If you find they are a cool bunch, they will help you join and then one of them will sponsor you for the BCA.

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
@Chevysmom I know you want to show-so it may be a requirement to join. Can't help with that,but those clubs are usually political bullsh* whether it be horses mules, donkeys,or dogs. Backbiting,jealousy. I have been in them all,and they are all the same-just replace the animal! But I do wish you luck in whatever you want to do!

Wow....clubs are what people put into them, and what they get out of it.
Kids sport teams? Dance moms? Soccer Dads?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Wow....clubs are what people put into them, and what they get out of it.
Kids sport teams? Dance moms? Soccer Dads?

What does thaT mean?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online