Anyone from the Northern VA/DC/MD area?

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Ah glad I checked this... Moe is in Annapolis, we may be able to make it.

Here's another idea for a future meet, Quiet Waters park is really nice Dog Park

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Ah glad I checked this... Moe is in Annapolis, we may be able to make it.

Here's another idea for a future meet, Quiet Waters park is really nice Dog Park

We hope to see you there. We will most definitely check out Quiet Waters as it is about 30 miles from us. May just go to Homestead Gardens on the way home if and when we go to Quiet Waters.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
gee [MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION] My sister lives about 2 miles from Homestead Gardens-wish I could go!!! It's a bit of a ride for me!:hissy2:

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
gee @rjisaterp My sister lives about 2 miles from Homestead Gardens-wish I could go!!! It's a bit of a ride for me!:hissy2:

Annapolis/Davidsonville area it is. You are right about "it's bit of a ride for me" becasue I have made the trip to Hendersonville, TN to visit an ole Army acquaintance...back in the 90's. Took me 13 hours to drive straight home minus pit stops.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION] Right on the money! My sis lives in Davidsonville. I do go visit sometimes-but my biggest fear is when I have to stop at a rest stop and walk the dogs. With 4 dogs and one person-I feel very vulnerable because I can't walk them all at once. When I had the Malanois, I felt no fear-but these silly bullies love everyone! My sis wants me to come up for a visit-but having to stop at rest areas (ever since Michael Jordan's dad was murdered) is scary.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@rjisaterp Right on the money! My sis lives in Davidsonville. I do go visit sometimes-but my biggest fear is when I have to stop at a rest stop and walk the dogs. With 4 dogs and one person-I feel very vulnerable because I can't walk them all at once. When I had the Malanois, I felt no fear-but these silly bullies love everyone! My sis wants me to come up for a visit-but having to stop at rest areas (ever since Michael Jordan's dad was murdered) is scary.

I totally understand your concerns and agree you have to be aware of your surroundings. We are the same way...especially come back from the in-laws as we stop at our midway point I-70 South Mountain Rest Stop. That is where the authorities found the 2002 Beltway snipers Muhammed and Malvo.

Well if you ever make it out this way...let us know and we can have our kids meet or have a bully meet-up (provided it is not too hot).

They have some gorgeous homes in your sisters neck of the woods as well as some great farms.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION] Sounds good-when I get the courage to make the trip, I will let you know! Yes, they do have some beautiful horse farms up there. I lived there for four years,
and in exchange for boarding my 2 horses, I took care of 23-and I loved it! I would get up at 3 a.m. take one of my Dobies with me-feed and clean 23, lead them out(lead 6 at a time) go home and change-and be to work at 7 a.m. Now I can't even wake up at 7! Ahh, the good ole' days. Now it's just a daze! My sis lives in one of the first subdivisions they built in Davidsonville.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] I also have been to the Community Center on 424 to officiate little guy football...although I was not too liked when I was a zebra....the officials (us) got to eat free and the community ladies cooked up some good food there. Heck it was better than some of the grub you get at a U of Maryland game.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Weather forecast does not look real promising for Sat... 70% chance for rain, 18mph winds, high of 52.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Ditto [MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION] having a white EB in the rain is almost always a messy situation for us.
72b3654262ec3aadfdd21d534e7c3e28.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ditto @rjisaterp having a white EB in the rain is almost always a messy situation for us.
72b3654262ec3aadfdd21d534e7c3e28.jpg

What pretty puppies. And I see what you mean.

We all can play it by ear and keep an eye on the radar Saturday morning. I am so looking forward to meeting fellow EBN'ers and their fur-kids.

On another note, Jewel has her 12-week post TPLO appointment in Annapolis today and we hope more restrictions will be lifted. She is so chomping at the bit to run and play.

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Thank you [MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION] they are an interesting bunch. If the weather permits we will only be bringing Curly with us. My other two dogs are way too hyper for us to be comfortable having them around a lot of other dogs.

Good luck with the follow up appointment! We will be thinking about Jewel. If she isn't given the the green light - she can always hang with Curly. He has hip dysplasia so he isn't very fast all the time

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you @rjisaterp they are an interesting bunch. If the weather permits we will only be bringing Curly with us. My other two dogs are way too hyper for us to be comfortable having them around a lot of other dogs.

Good luck with the follow up appointment! We will be thinking about Jewel. If she isn't given the the green light - she can always hang with Curly. He has hip dysplasia so he isn't very fast all the time

Thanks!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.